Job Title: Truancy Monitor
Location: Rock Springs Junior High
Terms of Employment:
Part Time, 34 Hours per week
9 Months per year
PIII, 13.85 ( This is a Grant funded position.)
Nature and Scope of Job :
To implement on a daily basis all assistance toward maximizing student learning as deemed necessary and/or required to meet the personal and academic needs of each student under the direction of
1. Supervises the learning activities of students.
2. Assists in manages the behavior of students.
3. Communicates with principal / assistant principals, counselors and teachers regarding academic and behavior expectations, behavior plans, progress reviews and assignment completion.
4. Carries out instruction with students. Provides reteaching, corrections and additional assignments to students. Administers tests and quizzes as requested by teachers. Assists students to return completed assignments and materials to classroom teachers.
5. Provides behavioral interventions with students.
6. May be responsible for administration of the In School Suspension room. Record keeping, attendance records and quarterly statistical reports will be maintained.
7. Maintains the In School Suspension classroom or any assigned area in a clean and orderly manner on a daily basis.
8. Maintains confidentiality of all information concerning students, staff, or parent/guardian in any public setting and chooses the appropriate time, place and supervisor to discuss problems.
9. Uses positive verbal and non-verbal communication and interaction skills when working with students, parent, and all District personnel at all times.
10. Duties as assigned.
--EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB--
Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability :
Knowledge of child growth and development. Knowledge of the teaching-learning process.
Knowledge of lesson implementation and presentation.
Knowledge of classroom management techniques.
Ability to enunciate clearly and communicate positively throughout the work day.
Ability to follow and successfully complete both written and oral directions.
Ability to think clearly and calculate accurately.
Ability to work with people of various personality types.
Possess sound emotional judgment.
Education, License, Certification or Formal Training
High school education or equivalent.
Professional Teaching Standards Board certification as a classroom teacher or possess a PTSB substitute teacher permit.
Computer and Peripherals
Digital finger strength necessary to type on heavy setting occasionally.
Finger, hand, and arm strength necessary to write on paper, white board, overhead, etc., throughout the work day.
Visual acuity and stamina to work at a computer monitor occasionally.
Visual acuity and stamina to work with varied sizes and types of written material throughout the work day.
Near and far visual acuity.
Lower body strength to kneel, stand, and walk throughout the work day.
Upper body strength to lift 25 pounds and carry more than 50 feet throughout the work day.
Verbal stamina to articulate clearly and with appropriate volume throughout the work day
Auditory discrimination sufficient to receive detailed information through normal speech at 5 feet and warning cries or alarms above normal classroom and playground noise.
Regular exposure to weather extremes.
Occasional exposure to loud noises.
k12jobspot.com - 30+ days ago