ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives truck to destination. Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions. Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Positions blocks and ties rope around items to secure cargo during transit.
- Operate a forklift to handle inventory.
- Inventory Control: Receive and unload inventory from incoming trucks, organize/maintain yard inventory, inspect product to insure quality.
- Handle outgoing inventory: Pull orders, inspect/stage product, load orders onto truck, schedule the deliveries and direct the drivers.
- Interact with and assist visitors/customers.
- Performs miscellaneous yard material handling and inventory functions as directed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Drivers License, CDL License
EJ is the world leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of access solutions for water, sewer, drainage, telecommunications and...