ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drives truck to destination. Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- Maintains truck log, according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions. Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs.
- Positions blocks and ties rope around items to secure cargo during transit.
- Operate a forklift to handle inventory.
- Inventory Control: Receive and unload inventory from incoming trucks, organize/maintain yard inventory, inspect product to insure quality.
- Handle outgoing inventory: Pull orders, inspect/stage product, load orders onto truck, schedule the deliveries and direct the drivers.
- Interact with and assist visitors/customers.
- Performs miscellaneous yard material handling and inventory functions as directed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Drivers License, CDL License
EJ - 11 months ago
EJ is the world leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of access solutions for water, sewer, drainage, telecommunications and...