VSE Corporation is currently seeking the skillsets of a Motor Vehicle Operator with four (4) years experience to work at the Area Maintenance Supply Activity (AMSA 75) to perform the following duties:
• Operates a variety of diesel powered equipment to include generators, wheeled/track vehicles, semi trailer combinations with up to 70 ton capacity. Equipment hauled includes heavy engineer equipment which may be oversized and/or overweight. Ensures that load weights are properly distributed, tied down/secured, and that all safety requirements are accomplished;
• Performs operator maintenance and checks to include servicing vehicle braking systems and that vehicle lights are operational;
• Performs preventive maintenance checks and services;
• Takes oil samples in accordance with Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP) procedures;
• Properly prepares and posts required documentation for AOAP and dispatching equipment;
• May be required to operate equipment on and off the installation on public roads at highway speeds loaded or unloaded;
• Exercises/operates a variety of commercial, tactical, combat, material handling, and engineering equipment on periodic basis to prevent damage due to dry seals, gaskets, and corrosion of parts and
• It is understood that these are the duties to be performed and and variation of these duties must be approved by a supervisor.
• Minimum Education: High school diploma desired/Technical Training in a related technical discipline or related science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. One year of relevant experience may be substituted for one year of education in the appropriate curriculum.
• Minimun experience: four (4) years.
• Must have general technical experience in an engineering or technical discipline that is relevant to the specific work assigned. Technical experience must have involved performing specific assignments in at least one life-cycle phase, i.e., strategic planning, concept development and requirements analysis, system design, engineering and integration, test and evaluation, integrated logistics support, and acquisition and life cycle management.
• Must be knowledgeable in performing technical related tasks in some or all of the following: planning; equipment analysis; system/component installation integration; interoperability; inventory tracking and assessments; modification methodologies; installation planning; use of drawings and technical data; database structuring, testing and troubleshooting; supportability and logistics support; engineering investigations; maintenance repair/installation; safety and environmental precautions; packing/unpacking; power/electrical distribution system analysis; facilities/building requirements; cabling; piping; configuration management’ product data management; integrated product team or multi-discipline team.
• A valid state Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) is required – driving record will be reviewed before hiring.
• Must pass drug testing.
• Military vehicle experience preferred.
VSE Corporation - 16 months ago
VSE brings military hand-me-downs back into fashion. The company provides engineering, testing, and logistics services for the US Army,...