City: Rapid City
State: South Dakota (US-SD)
Postal/Zip Code: 57702
Hills Materials Company, an Oldcastle Materials Company, was founded in 1925 and headquartered in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Hills Materials Company is an Integrated Construction Materials business with Aggregates, Asphalt, Asphalt lay down and Ready mix operations.
Truck Driver - Rapid City
Job Description Summary
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
· Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment.
· Report any problems to your manager.
· Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines and company policies.
· Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
· Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs.
· Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
· Load and unload equipment or materials. Depending on materials hauled, may require unloading of contents by hand or shovel.
· Assure product quality to the best of the driver’s ability.
· Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman.
· Must keep truck in a clean and orderly condition.
· Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
· When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
· Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
· Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
· Assist in training less–experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
· Perform general labor duties when necessary.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
· Pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
· Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
· Maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
· Have a MVR that meets company standards.
· Be at least age 21 years of age due to nature of working environment.
· High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
· Previous related experience in construction field is preferred.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Hills Materials Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Hills Materials Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...