ALL INTERESTED MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE APPLICATION IN ITS ENTIRETY. A RESUME DOES NOT SUBSTITUTE FOR THE ONLINE APPLICATION OR ANY OF ITS PARTS .
Basic Job Concept :
Responsible for the safe placement of assigned trucks to their assigned doors for the night crew for loading and pre-cooling trucks and document the process.
Key Relationships :
Night Shipping Manager
Educational Requirements :
1. High School Diploma or GED
Experience Required :
1. Commercial Drivers License (CDL), Class A
2. Proven ability to operate small and large straight trucks.
Specific Responsibilities :
1. Stage trucks to their assigned loading door.
2. Pre cool refrigeration unit and document.
3. Clean and sweep/ wash truck as needed/instructed.
4. Maintain communication with night supervision through the nightly process.
5. Must adhere to safety rules.
6. Communicate all truck issues observed to night supervision.
7. Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
8. Weekends and Overtime may be required.
9. Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
10. Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Practices, Company Policies, Code of Conduct and Safety procedures.
11. Good attendance and adherence to work schedule.
12. Other duties as assigned.
13. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The Physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the human resources department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed.
Stand for extended periods of time, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, squat, turn body, and walk.
Lift and move cases (selecting product and placing on a pallet) ranging in weight up to 75 lbs continuously to and from heights ranging from floor to knee, waist, shoulder, and overhead.
Use hands and fingers to peel and stick labels on cases.
Handle and feel objects and/or equipment controls; reach with hands and arms.
Must have the ability to talk and hear; must be able to hear warning horns on moving machinery and equipment.
Specific vision abilities required to perform this job include close and distance vision, depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must exhibit a high level of endurance, energy, and strength to successfully perform position.
While performing the duties of this job, an associate regularly works near moving mechanical apparatus and is regularly exposed to vibration and moderate to high noise levels. The work environment includes congested and high traffic areas, slippery floors, working alongside forklifts, single pallet jacks, electric walk behind jacks and hand carts. Walking and working is done on concrete flooring. Some duties are performed in the warehouse and will require work to be done in varying climates. Temperatures range from zero in the coolers to 95 degrees Fahrenheit or above outdoors. The shift end-time fluctuates with the employer’s daily needs. The associate occasionally works in high and precarious places.
FreshPoint - 17 months ago
Fresh produce is the ingredient for success at FreshPoint. The company is one of the largest foodservice distributors of fresh fruits and...