Education/Training: A B.S. or B.A. degree in a related field, or equivalent education and work-related experience normally required; completion of Cannon Trust Schools I, II, and III or equivalent education and work experience; completion of approved trust sales training; Series 7 Brokerage license; Life Insurance license preferred; sales management training; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations, communicative, and sales skills; moderate computer skills; knowledge of current laws and regulations regarding trust and estate administration; ability to generate a minimum of $50,000 new revenue per year; demonstrated management and supervisory skills; visual and auditory skills; valid driver's license.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in related positions normally required.
Responsible for soliciting new trust business from present and prospective customers; participating with the Senior Trust Officer in establishing specific goals for trust personnel; ensuring the department's compliance with operating policies and procedures established for the trust sales function; directly supervising assigned personnel; communicating with appropriate management and staff personnel; providing periodic reports.
1. Solicits new trust business from present and prospective customers of which the following are illustrative:
a. Cultivates internal and external referral sources and Centers of Influence.
b. Develops and maintains calling program for existing book of business.
c. Provides financial calculations as part of the sales process.
d. Maintains thorough knowledge of all bank products and services.
e. Maintains knowledge of current laws and regulations regarding trust and estate administration.
f. Develops and executes direct mail campaigns and cold call programs as appropriate to identify qualified prospects.
g. Conducts seminars and presentations as part of the sales effort.
h. Provides assistance to other bank and trust employees as requested.
i. Maintains timely and accurate records.
j. Provides administrative support for selected relationships.
k. Maintains current and proficient knowledge of the investment policy, products, and procedures.
l. Assists with the initial investment/design of new account portfolios.
m. Participates in community activities as it relates to the successful completion of primary duties.
n. Cross sells all bank products and services as appropriate.
o. Serves on Trust Investment Committee.
2. Participates with the Senior Trust Officer in establishing specific goals for trust personnel; implements strategies to achieve these goals.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), etc.; ensures that the department and all personnel adhere to the same.
5. Directly supervises assigned personnel as follows:
a. Assists in the selection of new personnel as appropriate.
b. Makes provisions for the proper orientation and training of new personnel.
c. Reviews employee performance throughout the probationary period and on a regularly scheduled basis thereafter.
d. Organizes, schedules, and distributes work among assigned personnel.
e. Keeps personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the department and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
f. Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by bank policy.
6. Communicates with the Senior Trust Officer, other department managers, and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
7. Provides periodic reports to the Senior Trust Officer and other groups as required.
1. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Assigned office location
Various outside locations
3. PC/Computer keyboard
6. Fax machine
7. Copy machine
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
First United Bank and Trust - 8 months ago