Oncology Services at the University of Illinois Health and Science System is to seeking to hire a Tumor Registrar II. The primary function of this position is to provide direction to the Tumor Registry program. This position will oversee tumor registry’s staff and functions including, abstracting cases, preparing annual reports, planning education programs and coordinating the re-accreditation process of the program. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Privacy and Release of Information, who reports to the Director of Health Information Management and Privacy Officer
- Oversees/supervises all registry operations including: case finding, abstracting, patient follow-up, data submissions, and quality control activities in compliance with ACOS-COC standards.
- Serves as a member of the Oncology Advisory Board. Coordinates all activities of the Oncology Board for qulity assurance studies and monitors
- Performs and coordinates production of retrospective and prospective cancer research data request by UIMCC clinicians, research, administrators, as well as producing cancer program annual reports.
- Performs non-routine audits and data collections, requiring extensive research were defined criteria or guidelines are not available.
- Interacts, communicates and directs staff on specific editing, abstracting and quality assurance activities involving all patients in the tumor registry data base.
- Serves as the primary liaison responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the computerized database. Assess all gaps in data identifiers and assure appropriate corrections are implemented.
- Provides educational mentoring to health information management students.
- Provides guidance to Tumor Registry staff in identifying and resolving abstracting issues and errors.
- Identifies abstracts/codes and enters cancer cases into database.
- Communicates with the Assistant Director of Privacy and Release of Information in resolving any identified issues or concerns .
Three years of clinical work experience in a Tumor Registrar program that includes abstracting data
Current certification as a Registered Health Information Technician(RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator(RHIA) from American Health Information Management Administration(AHIMA) or as Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) from the National Cancer Registrars Association(NCRA).
To Apply : For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Proceed to Application button below AND submit an Exam Request for : C55293 - Tumor Registrar II .
The application must include all work experience, detailed job duties, start and end dates and whether the position was part time or full time.
Additional documents can be electronically attached to your online application through the " Documents" link on the Civil Service Employment application (Part 1). Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document .
Credential Assessment Exam Scoring Information :
You will not be required to report in person for this exam. The updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume and/or college transcript will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded prior to submitting your exam request.
If an application and exam request are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered and the exam request will be denied.
Transcripts/Licenses/Certifications MUST be uploaded within the application, hand delivered, or mailed directly from the institution to:
University of Illinois at Chicago
Recruitment and Staffing
Human Resources Building Room 109
715 S. Wood Street M/C 862
Chicago IL 60612
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than Friday, June, 21, 2013 .
All information submitted will be thoroughly evaluated and verified.
To view the status of all your exam requests, pending test dates, scores, and current register positions online, just go to https://jobs.uic.edu . Log in and click on "C ivil Service Activity" .
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer .
Back to Job Board