Turbine Service Engineer SUMMARY
Provide technical support to engineering, manufacturing, repair, and field service organizations by completing assigned tasks on time and with high quality results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development of gas turbine parts, repairs and services including MHI gas turbines and reverse engineering, re-engineering, or replication of parts for non-MHI gas turbines to meet the business unit financial objectives, working under the direction of a Senior Service Engineer or Manager. As part of the development programs a Turbine Service Engineer may be assigned lead responsibilities for specific tasks.
- Support sales and marketing efforts for Mitsubishi and non-Mitsubishi products by preparing part supply requirements for specific product applications, review and prepare comments and questions to customer bid requests, prepare technical presentation materials and interface with the customer as directed by management.
- Provide technical support for domestic sourcing of turbine parts, consumables, and subassemblies including providing technical responses to material substitutions, alternative manufacturing practices, and other vendor requests to reduce lead time and cost.
- Assist with the repair development activities of Mitsubishi and non-Mitsubishi components including criteria development, interfacing with shop, field and customer personnel as required.
- Provide technical judgment on interpretation of criteria.
- Communicate technical requirements and background with Mitsubishi and non-Mitsubishi customers through service bulletins, documentation, and customer meetings.
- Support technical leadership of industry meetings including insurance and lender meetings, user conferences, and industry conferences (Powergen, ASME Turbo Expo, etc.).
- Ensure fleet experience and operation feedback are incorporated into design reviews, design meetings, and communicated to the appropriate engineering design personnel.
- Support ISO 9001 audits and compliance efforts, and where possible, enhance the documentation and configuration control methods in use by TES.
- Ensure products meets or exceed internal and customer requirements.
- Some overnight travel (up to 15%) by land and/or air.
- Perform other such duties as may be required.
S2- Mitsubishi Power Systems - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard