In this multi-faceted, client-facing position, the Turbo-machinery Training Specialist is expected to quote, develop, and execute standard and custom training programs on the complete line of Dresser-Rand’s Turbo-machinery for both external clients and our field services personnel.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- AAS or BS in Mechanical Technology or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years experience in turbo-machinery operation, maintenance, installation and commissioning or a minimum of 10 years in the manufacture, assembly and testing of all types of turbo-machinery.
- In depth knowledge of: Dresser-Rand; Ingersoll-Rand; Clark and Dresser-Clark centrifugal compressors, axial compressors, hot gas expanders, gas turbines as well as oil film seal systems, dry gas seal systems, instrumentation systems, coupling alignment and rotor balance techniques.
- Able and willing to travel extensively both domestically and internationally – 30-50%, could occasionally reach approximately 70%.
- Able to read and understand complex blueprints, performance curves, cold alignment charts and parts lists.
- Computer skills: PowerPoint, Photo Shop, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook.
- Audio / visual equipment set-up and troubleshooting experience.
- Photography and editing ability.
- Productive worker
- Superior organizational skills
- Team membership
- Time management
- Customer relations/service
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Bi-lingual; English/Spanish or Portuguese preferred
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Dresser-Rand is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Create training proposals to be included in new equipment offerings and for custom training courses. This often requires working in conjunction with members of other training groups and equipment vendors to complete the training proposals on time.
- Assist in accepting client orders and scheduling training programs.
- Determine client’s specific needs for each training program.
- Develop custom programs that include outlines, presentations, training guides, tests, and hands-on exercises.
- Work with outside suppliers for OEM training. Coordinate logistics involved in factory- based or site-based programs.
- Provide material translation and interpreting services as required.
- Travel to client sites both domestic and internationally for extended periods of time – up to 50% travel can be expected.
- Teach both client and FS students on safety, operation, and maintenance of D-R’s complete line of Turbomachinery using electronic media such as Power-Point slides, videos, and other forms of media.
- Administer written and practical exams for each course.
- Maintain D-R owned hands-on turbo training vehicles, hands-on stations and associated tooling.
- Experience in creating quality graphics, videos, and animations preferred.
No agency submissions please. NOTE: Resumes submitted to any Dresser-Rand employee without a current, signed and valid contract in place with the Dresser-Rand Recruiting team in Houston Texas will become the property of Dresser-Rand and no search fees will be paid
Dresser-Rand - 14 months ago
Large enough for global market leadership...Small enough that you can make a difference.
Talented professionals are at the core of our...