To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled persons, covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
1) Tutors students individually or in scheduled group study sessions to provide students with a better understanding of the subject matter or discipline (May Vary).
2) Meets with Students at appointed times and as schedule.
3) Keeps accurate records. Completes and maintains required documentation and updates confidential files and records, as required, ensuring that ethical and legal guidelines are maintained.
4) Maintains confidentiality of student records and other sensitive subject matter.
5) Attends training sessions, as required.
6) Works assigned schedule to meet workload demands, exhibits regular and predictable attendance.
7) Performs other related duties as required.
An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Desired qualifications for this position are: High School graduate; good standing in college program related to subject tutored required; Bachelor's degree in major related to subject tutored preferred. Must have 3.0 GPA in academic record (transcript) in subject tutored; experience in tutoring or remediation; knowledge of test administration techniques and procedures; tutorial/learning materials and instruction aids.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Knowledge of: test administration techniques and procedures; tutorial/learning materials and instructional aids; peer counseling/tutoring processes and methods.
Ability to: work effectively with learners who need encouragement and positive reinforcement; effectively manage time and schedules; communicate effectively, both orally and in writing: maintain confidentiality of records and information; develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, job contacts and general public; originate correspondence; maintain confidential and sensitive information; maintain accurate and complete work records; work effectively with persons of varying cultures and diversity.
Skilled in: records maintenance skills; basic data entry and/or word processing; Organizing and coordinating; preparing instructional aids and plans.
Minimum of three years teaching experience either at the high school level or in teaching remedial, or special education, or developmental level courses in a postsecondary setting. Certified K-12 teacher or an experienced college faculty member.
Columbus State Community College - 18 months ago