Assist in the daily operations of the Tutorial Center, including (but not limited to): greeting students, setting up and editing tutoring appointments, and maintaining the quality of the Tutorial Center as a learning environment.
- Greet students and tutors as they sign-in; monitor sign-in station and give assistance with the sign-in/out process as needed.
- Answer Tutorial Center telephone; return messages.
- Check Tutorial Center email account; return messages.
- Schedule, change, cancel appointments in Accutrack for student clientele.
- Make schedule changes and update tutor information in Accutrack, as needed.
- Monitor condition and use of Tutorial Center computers, printer and other equipment to insure smooth operation and overall security of equipment.
- Process calls from the community for private tutors, and give contact information to callers, as authorized by tutors.
- Maintain tutor mail slots and distribute written reports and communications.
- Assist Tutorial Center Coordinator with distribution and return of Review Session attendance sheets.
- Assist Alternate Media Production Coordinator with distribution and return of Alternate Media.
- Assist the Academic Support Program Coordinator with clerical tasks, as needed.
Receptionists must complete 3-4 hours of self-paced training on Eclass, attend group training during LEAD in August, attend 1 or 2 meetings per semester, and follow the policies and procedures of the Tutorial Center.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- analytical, communications and organizational skills
- basic computer skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- ability to work independently
- ability to perform clerical and administrative work with accuracy, speed and attention to detail
- ability to correctly interpret and follow verbal/written instructions
- sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
All applicants must complete an interview with the Academic Support Program Coordinator.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Step 1. Fill out the online application.
Step 2. The Academic Support Program Coordinator will review your online application and if you are qualified, contact you to set up an interview.
Step 3. Complete interview.
Receptionists are selected based on the qualifications stated above. Selection may also be influenced by availability, experience, & people skills.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Point Loma Nazarene University - 16 months ago