As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Twitter you will be working to improve the reliability and performance of our services. You will work shoulder-to-shoulder with our engineering teams to design and build the next generation of web applications and systems infrastructure, focusing on automation, availability and performance, and above all efficiency at ‘reach every user on the planet’ scale. We have a wide range of opportunities for varying skill levels and experience.
- Work in engineering team to design, build, and maintain systems
- Write scripts to monitor and automate processes
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application and network
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies
- Take part in a 24x7 on-call rotation
- 3-10+ years of managing services in an internet scale *nix environment
- Familiarity with systems management tools (Puppet, Chef, Capistrano, etc)
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, security, storage, memcache, etc
- Practical knowledge of shell scripting and at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Track record of practical problem solving, excellent communication, and documentation skills
- Active user of Twitter
- 7-10+ years of experience in internet scale *nix environments
- Ability to lead technical teams through designs and implementations across an organization
- Experience with existing open source projects such as Mesos, Hadoop, Scribe, Zookeeper, etc
- B.S. in computer science or similar field
to interact with the team and to get updates on how the team scales Twitter to keep the tweets flowing!
Twitter - 20 months ago
Here's less than 140 characters for ya: trivial texts or not, every one's all a-twitter about tweeting. Twitter operates a free...