RECRUITMENT BULLETIN #13-23
March 27, 2013
POSITION: Typist – Summer School - Temporary
LOCATION: Various School Buildings
- Types correspondence, reports, documents, records and other materials from various sources under varying degrees of direction using equipment with the alphanumeric keyboard;
- sets up, makes adjustments and operates a variety of equipment in order to produce a typed copy from a variety of sources;
- proofreads typed copy and makes corrections;
- composes and types routine correspondence and memoranda from verbal and/or written instructions.
- Performs a variety of non-typing clerical tasks as assigned;
- Files and maintains records, reports and other documents:
- checks for clerical accuracy and completeness;
- opens, dates, sorts, distributes and files mail;
- sorts, indexes and files bills, requisitions, ledger cards and other material alphabetically and/or numerically;
- posts and makes entries from original sources and maintains records, bills, control cards and ledgers;
- makes file searches and pulls needed material.
- Issues and records licenses, permits and applications;
- Collects fees and accounts for monies received;
- Maintains time reports and payroll data;
- Assists in compiling data, statistics and other basic information for research purposes;
- Answers telephone or switchboard: takes messages and gives routine information;
- May act as receptionist, directing callers to proper persons or sources of information
- Inputs and retrieves data using a computer terminal;
- May operate copy machines, microfilm, simple computing and other office machines;
- Performs related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS Graduation from High School, Business School, GED or Equivalency Diploma including or supplemented by a course in typing or keyboarding. Proof of successful completion of typing/keyboarding course must be presented.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must pass a qualifying keyboarding test at the rate of 35 wpm. Also, applicants must be residents of the City of Buffalo for at least 90 consecutive days prior to submitting application.
APPLICATIONS: CANDIDATES FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD COMPLETE AN APPLICATION BY CLICKING THE “APPLY” BUTTON BELOW. ONCE THE APPLICATION IS COMPLETE, CLICK THE "SUBMIT" BUTTON.
APPOINTMENT: Appointments are subject to the approval of the Board of Education upon the recommendation of the Superintendent following the approval of the Civil Service Division. Personal interviews shall be scheduled where appropriate.
FINAL FILING DATE: April 17, 2013
Director of Employment Services
Buffalo Public Schools - 21 months ago