Would you like to be involved in creating User Interface and 2d Assets for AAA quality online games? Would you like to have input on how the UI tools you’ll be using are developed? Work with a team who consistenly ships multi-million unit selling games? Or maybe be a part of creating something Epic ? If you answered yes to any of those questions we would like to talk to you about joining our team, where everything we do is Epic .
Epic Games, the award winning developer known for the Unreal Series of games, Gears of War, Infinity Blade and the Unreal Engine, is searching for a UI/2D artist to work on creating User Interface and Marketing assets across all of our products. Currently in development are Fortnite ( www.fortnitegame.com ), Unreal Engine 4, and an unannounced Online Competitive Shooter.
Core duties will include User Interface and Heads Up Display work for our current titles. You will be responsible for miscellaneous graphic design tasks such as promotional pieces, signage, web graphics, motion graphics, product packaging, magazine ads, etc. In addition to this you'll be assisting with creating icons, doing texture work and graphic design for miscellaneous in game items.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A passion for games and/or a student of how people interact with games and technology
- Strong portfolio showcasing UI, HUD, Motion Graphics, Graphic Design, Web Design, etc.
- Keen eye for cutting edge imagery and motion graphics
- Experience creating UI for games (including 2d assets, logo’s and iconography prototyping)
- Proficiency with a diverse set of software such as Photoshop, After Effects, 3ds Max (or equivalent), Flash, Illustrator, In Design, etc.
- Experience working with other artists, designers and programmers to develop cutting edge UI designs for games, software tools, and interactive media
- Experience working with Marketing teams to develop various 2D marketing assets for both web and print
- Strong graphic design and motion graphics skills, additional abilities with print and web are also required