Creating front-end UI design/development/implementation that’s in line with product requirements, user stories, functionality, and brand, and that delivers solid UX through established UI patterns The UI/UX Designer/Developer is a creative and technical individual who plays a key role in helping E Source define, design, and develop innovative user interfaces and experiences for esource.com and our other software/web-based products. The role involves concepting and then building the features and functionality for new and existing product requirements in a collaborative development environment. This person will leverage the voice of the E Source customer to create experiences that meet or exceed customer and business expectations.
The primary focus for this position will be designing and coding the front-end UI, while delivering a consistent, usable, and valuable experience to our customers. As a member of the Design team, you’ll work closely with fellow designers, product owners, developers, and content managers to come up with innovative ideas and solutions that deliver services to our customers using the latest web technologies. The Design team is ultimately responsibility for visual design and user experience for all customer-facing products and is tasked with continuing to create and evolve a cohesive brand/style across our growing portfolio of web-based applications.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creating front-end UI design/development/implementation that's in line with product requirements, user stories, functionality, and brand, and that delivers solid UX through established UI patterns.
- Building mock-ups/wireframes/rapid prototypes that are in line with project UX goals and requirements.
- Developing information architecture that factors users, context, and content.
- Creating UI/UX project deliverables, including user stories, personas, scenarios, use cases, process flows, wireframes, viusal design layouts, mock-ups, protypes, and ultimately front-end code.
- Analyzing and implementing modules/plug-ins/frameworks to use within our Drupal-based system
- Evaluating, developing, and customizing our Drupal theme
- Delivering user-centered, clean, simple, responsive, and intuitive interfaces with optimized code
- Establishing and documenting UI visual design standards/patterns for common usage across E Source products and applications to achieve an integrated and consistent experience
- Conducting effective meetings and building solid working relationships through open and clear communication
- Collaborating effectively with team members and other project stakeholders
- Managing your time while juggling multiple projects; providing sound time and level-of-effort estimates using an Agile methodology
- Conducting ongoing research of web-based UI/UX design and development best practices
- Understanding and aligning with E Source core values and culture
- Performing other tasks as requested by design manager
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates intelligent problem-solving through solid, usable interface designs for websites and/or web-based applications
- Clear examples of work that show a design system, including consistent use of templates, grid, typography, iconography, color, etc.
- Strong prototyping skills
- Expertise with modern design theory and practices in responsive web and interaction design, with a focus on cross-browser compatibility
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (such as web/interactive/graphic design, human/computer interaction, computer science) preferable, or a comparable degree and/or experience
- Demonstrated understanding of how substantial business value can be delivered via innovative design solutions
- At least two years of professional experience in front-end web/application design and development
- Superb communication skills
- Project management and project lead experience
- Familiarity and practice with an Agile/Scrum approach is a plus
- The ability to work collaboratively on multidisciplinary teams is critical
E source - 16 months ago