Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be.
Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month. Currently, there are over 40 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything.
More than 14,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 1,500 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
About Evernote Design team:
The Evernote Design team is the creative force responsible for the user experience and user interface of a variety of different apps built for every major platform today. The design team is an integral voice in the evolution and growth of the Evernote brand and our delivering on our quest to be the first 100-year startup. This means that as our reach and impact continues to grow, we force ourselves to rapidly evolve our thinking and take calculated risks to help people live and work better.
Designers at Evernote play a vital role inside and outside our organization. We are tasked with working collaboratively with product teams to launch new products and evolve existing ones. We must author new ideas and concepts while also refining existing features to continually improve adoption and delight. With over 50 million people using our products around the world, the reach and impact of our decisions is never in question.
To keep pace with our continued success, we are adding highly talented designers to our growing team to help us accomplish our goals and continue to build category defining products. If you are a designer that has already established a body of work that has been recognized by your peers and the marketplace, we want to meet you.
• 5+ years experience designing great user experiences for desktop software including Windows
• Strong wireframing skills
• Strong visual and graphic design skills
• Ability to distill key issues from usability tests and to implement practical solutions
• Ability to create interactive prototypes is a plus
• Agility and flexibility to iterate or change design direction based on external feedback
• An ability to output clear communicative documentation for use in development
• A solid understanding of typography and layout
• Desire and ability to sweat the details
• Ability to see a project through from initial design to support of the engineering effort
• Ability to achieve great results on a tight deadline
• Excellent collaborative skills
• Comfortable working from existing Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks documents or creating new ones
PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR ONLINE PORTFOLIO ON YOUR RESUME OR COVER LETTER FOR CONSIDERATION.
Working at Evernote:
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Cal Train) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Redwood City office is within walking distance from the Caltrain station.