Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking a talented UI/UX Designer to develop the user experience for aws.amazon.com.
In this highly visible role, you will collaborate with a number of different groups across the organization. You will work with product teams and marketing managers to identify design goals and requirements, work with website leadership on design reviews, and work with web developers on implementation.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small team making history in an industry-leading technology business. Joining the AWS team means you get the excitement and ownership of being a critical member of a start-up, but have the stability and security of a Fortune 100 company.
- Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
- Translate business requirements into use cases and high-level customer experience requirements
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and mobile applications
- Direct the visual design of the web and mobile applications
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, engineering team, executives, and external partners for review and feedback
- Work with our usability and data mining teams to assess and optimize new and existing features and page frameworks
- 4+ years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or user interface designer
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design
- Strong practical knowledge of user-centered design methodologies, usability principles and
- The ability to provide detailed specifications, mockups/prototypes, and style guides
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- An available portfolio or samples of work demonstrating great user-centered design solutions
- Experience designing user experiences for web, mobile, desktop or connected devices
- Proficiency with web and mobile standards
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated visual design expertise; capacity for creating fun, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
- Nimbleness; the ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups quickly in an iterative environment
- A general understanding of how design impacts development; a knack for constructing dynamic, interactive designs that are technically feasible and prudent
- The ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- B2B and/or eCommerce design experience
Amazon.com - 18 months ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...