Begin your next big adventure with uShip! uShip is the world’s largest and most trusted shipping marketplace. Consumers and businesses can compare and book upfront quotes, name their own price, or receive auction-style bids from hundreds of thousands of customer-reviewed Transportation Service Providers, ranging from independent owner-operators to the largest freight carriers and brokers. Since launching uShip in 2004, our mission has been to be the world’s leading online solution for shipping anything, anytime, anywhere. We are passionate about empowering buyers and providers of transportation services to efficiently conduct business on an unbiased, transparent and competitive platform.
uShip is seeking a passionate User Interface/User Experience Designer with strong mobile experience to join our team. This person will help drive the mobile user experience of the uShip iOS and Android apps. The UI/UX Designer will work with the Product team to design new features and proactively find ways to improve our mobile applications.
As a UI/UX Designer on a small team, you will take complete ownership of the products you work on. The work you do will be interacted with by millions of people and improve the way they ship and deliver goods.
- Deliver wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Work closely with the stakeholders to create new features from the ground up
- Prototype rich interactions with multiple states and roles
- Design information architectures and workflows
- Copywriting and content creation in conjunction with the Marketing team
- Conduct user testing and report the outcomes
- Pitch and present designs to stakeholders for sign-off
- Create and implement style guides and standards
- Design consistent interfaces and experiences across multiple devices
- Help lead company design initiatives
- 2+ years designing native mobile applications
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Fine Arts or related area
- Knowledge of common design patterns and best practices for application design
- Strong foundation in visual design principles (typography, layout, color, etc.)
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and current technology capabilities
- Ability to design interfaces that will adapt to localization
- Experience with mobile applications
- Thorough understanding of grid-based layouts and UI frameworks
- Strong communications skills and ability to sell your work
uShip - 14 months ago
uShip is the world’s first and largest shipping marketplace. Consumers and businesses can compare and book bids from hundreds of...