You consider visual design essential to the creation of a compelling and intuitive user experience, not just a way to “make it look good.” You also care about how it works, not just how it looks. You enjoy working collaboratively and lend your expertise to the creation of design strategy, interaction models, and wire framing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
What education, skills and experience do I need to be considered for this role?
- Ensure a cohesive modern aesthetic and clean look/feel in all design elements affecting TakeLessons’ web and mobile applications while ensuring our brand attributes are consistently represented.
- Design and develop web pages, graphics, multimedia pieces, and GUIs from initial concept, storyboarding and layout to design and development, through production deployment.
- Design and develop graphics and images that present complex data and analytical information in a creative and visual way that engages its audience.
- Establish and maintain best practices and design methods for art direction and stay abreast of rich media techniques, emerging technologies, and latest web trends.
- Collaborate with user experience team members on interaction design framework and execution to ensure seamless transition between user experience design and visual design.
- Execute design comps, create visual prototypes, and build application front-end interfaces using HTML/CSS.
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Advanced Proficiency with web design using Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML/CSS
- Demonstrated experience with mobile design and responsive design
- 3-5 years professional experience in user interface design and the web design field, preferably in a corporate setting
- College level Education in Graphic Design or Computer Arts preferred
- Must provide a visually stunning online portfolio of work showcasing experience across user experience, interface, interactive, graphic, and web design.
- Ability to present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Creativity with an eye towards detail and perfection of final product.
- Knowledge of design patterns, consumer psychology, and visual trends.
- Experience in creating click-through prototypes.
- Well-rounded understanding of web usability best practices.
- Successful track record of delivering integrated high end user interfaces on schedule, on budget, and with quality.
- Expert knowledge in industry trends and experience designing applications leveraging these trends.
- Professional, team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Actively solicits and incorporates diverse perspectives from stakeholders
- Enjoys working as part of a collaborative team to accomplish company goals.—no egos
- Creative and pragmatic problem solver.
- Switches easily between different concurrent projects and flexible to handle rapidly changing environments.
- Ability to create detailed visual guidelines for the style guide and communicate to development team (style guides, etc).
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Ability to solve complex problems with elegance and simplicity.
Benefits and Culture
- Mobile App Design (iOS, Android)
- Interaction design and user research
TakeLessons offers a variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Life and Vision; PTO; Holidays; and discounted music lessons.
- All applicants must apply online
- Requisition ID #87
- No phone calls or agencies please
- Sponsorship not available
- We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diverse backgrounds
TakeLessons - 10 months ago