We are looking for an energetic, creative and technically savvy designer to work within our Interactive Design Services team.
The UI Designer will work within a collaborative cross-functional project team to design portals, applications and Web properties. The UI Designer will contribute to the visual design and positively impacts the overall user experience while following a user-centered design process and considering appropriate technology platforms. .
The UI Designer will be responsible for the following:
• Work within a collaborative team to develop the visual designs for the next generation of health care digital properties -- from Web sites to Mobile apps.
• Design visually stunning, cutting-edge graphics.
• Produce visual assets needed by development team.
• Contribute to building the company brand by executing user interface design consistently on all deliverables.
• In partnership with user experience designers, design concepts for the information architecture, navigation, page layout, information displays and interactional components of Web sites and mobile applications.
• Research and communicate trends and best-practices related to visual design and branding.
• Develop visual style guides and other documentation to aid team in consistently producing graphics for Web sites, applications and portals.
Preferred Experience and Skills
• Minimum 4 years’ experience designing for Web, applications and mobile following user-centered design principles.
• Proficient with graphic design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience designing for multiple browsers and platforms, including desktop, tablet, and mobile.
• Knowledge and understanding of accessibility principles and techniques desired, experience developing accessible user interfaces a plus.
• Exposure to and general understanding of interface modeling tools such as Visio, Axure and iRise a plus.
• Experience working within a user-centered design methodology and understanding of human factors principles.
• Experience working within Agile a plus.
• Ability to understand and translate usability research findings and information architecture into design solutions.
• Ability to work collaboratively with team and internal clients.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• High energy and positive attitude with interest in learning new technology and skills.
• Ability to work with developers to make design concepts a reality.
• Strong communication skills.
• Knowledge of video, motion graphics, Flash, Flex, HTML5 Canvas and photography a plus.
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in Web design, interaction design, multimedia, visual design, design or related field.
• Agency experience a plus.
• Portfolio required.
Horizontal Integration participates in E-Verify