This position is responsible for ensuring that accurate and complete information is completed to facilitate coordination and communication between physician, unit staff, and ancillary departments. The incumbent performs all clerical duties associated with supporting the Patient Care Unit. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires completion of Medical Assistant, Medical Secretary Classes, or equivalent experience of 2-3 years in a professional office setting.
- Requires ability to learn and apply medical terminology within 3 months of hire. Prefer basic knowledge of medical terminology at point of hire.
- Requires work experience in a health care field or general office.
- Requires ability to acquire knowledge and skill to accurately enter physicians' orders.
- Requires ability to apply the organization policies and procedures.
- Requires ability to stay current with workflow and computer applications changes.
- Requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires working knowledge of the Windows Software Environment.
- Requires constant mental alertness and the ability to withstand a high level of tension and stress.
- Requires ability to maintain concentration when subjected to frequent and varied interruptions and variable noise levels.
- Requires ability to exercise judgment and initiative in the resolution of problems encountered.
Ball Memorial Hospital
- 2 years ago - save job