We are looking for a variety of System Administrators to work on various unclassified Linux systems and classified high performance Linux clusters.
NIF is a 24/7 operational facility. This position may require the flexibility to work overtime, shift and/or weekends to accomplish goals. This position may also require working alternate schedules such as 4/10’s or 12 hour shifts.
- Administer 700+ virtualized Linux/Solaris-based computer systems and clusters.
- Provide technical expertise in requirements development, architecture, and design of future IT services.
- Recommend and implement improvements to operational procedures, and the operation and efficiency of the computer systems and managing centralized backups.
- Develop and maintain programs, scripts, tools, and utilities that aid in the operation, automation, and administration of systems, network configuration, and operational tasks.
- Troubleshoot complex hardware, software, or network-related problems that may involve interfacing with various technical staff having different areas of expertise; work directly with hardware and software vendors to identify and solve product problems.
- Interact with developers in configuration management, quality assurance testing, and release of software applications.
- Work directly with management to ensure computer security compliance; monitor systems for general health, security incidents, and other events; and develop security configurations that meet LLNL cyber requirements.
WHAT YOU NEED
- US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
Significant experience with a Linux distribution, such as Oracle Enterprise Linux, CentOS, RHEL, or a combination of Debian, etc.
- In addition, experience with Solaris and either Oracle VM Manager or Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Must have worked with Linux Virtualization Software such as Oracle VM, VMware, Vsphere 4, Xen or similar virtualization environment running on Linux
- Demonstrated experience with installing, configuring, and managing high performance Linux clusters.
- Demonstrated advanced analytical skills necessary to analyze complex systems and networks
MS degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Experience supporting or familiarity with open source tools such as fabric, puppet, munin, redmine, mediawiki
- Experience installing, managing, and tuning Oracle and/or MySQL databases
- Experience with NFSv4.1.
- Experience with remote boot protocols, including pxeboot, DHCP, bootp and tftp, and distribution based automated installers.
LLNL - 20 months ago