Job Requisition Number: 75399
Category: Network/Telecom - Systems Administration
Primary Location: Reston, VA, US
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Status: Must be Current
Schedule: Full Time
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required: None
UNIX/LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
CLEARANCE REQUIRED: TS/SCI with POLY+
WORK LOCATION: Northern VA work sites.
NOTE: This position requires candidates to currently hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. Due to the classified nature of the program we are unable to advertise the specific polygraph. Details will be discussed with qualified candidates.
CONTRACT DETAILS: This is a NEW 10 year contract with well over a 1000 positions (and continues to grow). If you are looking for a contract that can provide multiple assignments over the course of your career you have found a real home. Every position has that consultant-like feel to it where your efforts are making an impact on mission critical systems.
POSITION SUMMARY: As an emerging expert, maintains data files and control procedures for a complex system of networked computers or for a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation, or mainframe. Responsible for system security and data integrity. Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources, backs up files as required and works with management to define requests for information.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigns file permissions and establishes password and account policies; installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production environment.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Reviews performance logs and monitors system performance.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system hardware, software and communications problems; creates shell programs and utility scripts; performs configurations and adjustments to enhance database file capacity; performs automated and manual backup and restore processes.
- Installs, configures and tests software packages.
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
- Provides user support and may conducts user software and hardware training to formulate technology solutions and ensure the effective safeguarding and sharing of enterprise data.
- Evaluates requests for hardware and software; researches and recommends solutions to technology needs, compatible with the client’s technology architecture and infrastructure and resource constraints.
- Performs and/or oversees daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs and/or oversees daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Provides team leadership and technical guidance to less experienced systems administrators.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE :
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
- Recent work experience as an UNIX or LINUX Systems Administrator.
- Top Secret clearance SCI access with favorable polygraph (TS/SCI POLY+)
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
CACI International - 24 months ago
CACI provides information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence,...