As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installations.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
Minimum of eight (8) years of technical experience
Strong Solaris administration background, including use of Solaris 10
Working knowledge of Solaris 11 is a plus
Experience working with in a large complex server environment
Working knowledge supporting servers running Apache, Databases, RAC, VERITAS, EMC SAN, and shell scripting is highly desirable.
Experience with EMC SAN technologies and VERITAS Storage Foundation software strongly preferred.
Demonstrates understanding of networking, as well as adherence to established configuration control standards and policies
Experience working with Sun SPARC Enterprise hardware, including Sun Tseries, Supercluster and Sun Mclass servers
Good organizational, interpersonal, and analytic faculties.
Solid troubleshooting skills
Working knowledge of analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with UNIX servers, introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments, performing routine audits of systems and software, and performing operating system backup and recovery.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...