Serves as a UNIX specialist responsible for implementing, configuring, and maintaining Solaris/Linux in an enterprise environment. Areas of responsibility include, but aren’t limited to, systems virtualization engineering/administration, global/enterprise architecture, system/application integration & migration, system sizing, application tuning, SAN/storage management, capacity planning and global vulnerability management.
- Provide UNIX/Solaris/Linux Systems Engineering/Administration services and expertise in an enterprise environment. This includes continuous architecture assessment, application & system engineering reviews, system design, re-architecture of legacy applications, virtualization and Information Assurance support.
- Works closely with program managers to ensure project quality assurance and delivery timelines.
- Provide post implementation support for all programs hosted within the shared environment.
- Participates in engineering reviews regarding the feasibility, maintainability, scalability and performance of proposed changes/solutions.
- Integrity & professionalism, proven leadership and teambuilding qualities/skills, and a broad understanding of technical management and operations in an information technology enterprise environment.
- In depth experience with enterprise hosting environments and migrating applications into their shared architecture.
- Experience with enterprise environment processes & standards, engineering reviews, creating & maintaining baselines, configuration management, engineering change processes, IA and the DoD accreditation process.
- Extensive experience gathering application/system specifications required for engineering reviews and system architecture designs to facilitate application migration.
- 8+ years of Information Technology experience
- 6+ years of UNIX experience in managing hardware, software, security, global containers, LDAP and SAN technologies
- 5+ years of virtualization experience to include high availability and clustered architectures
- 5+ years of multiple network technologies experience to include LAN, MAN, WAN, SAN and corresponding hardware/security/transport components as they relate to UNIX
- 5+ years of enterprise experience related to backup solutions, data replication, Disaster Recovery (DR) and Continuity of Operations (COOP) to include remote management of DR/COOP environment
- Security+ certification required
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred
- Oracle Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 10 Operating System required
- Oracle Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 11 Operating System preferred
- The following certifications are also preferred :
- HP-UX 11i v3 Certified System Administrator
- IBM AIX 7 Certified System Administrator
- Red Hat Enterprise version 6 Certified System Administrator
Clearance Level Required:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Technology, Electronics or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in the IT field providing Systems Engineering/Administration to Federal Government and/or Commercial Industry.
Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET level DoD clearance.
Vector Planning & Services, Inc - 21 months ago