Our vision at Petco is
Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World.
We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
Responsible for supporting and sustaining a culture in which we proactively engage and educate pet parents and help them feel confident that they are providing the best care to their pets by providing a personalized, neighborly shopping experience. Promote a culture of service and trust for customers and staff. Establish and sustain an environment that supports associates in doing their jobs well, ensuring each associate receives the prescribed training and meets the required qualifications for their position within the department.
Function in a matrix-like management environment to ensure store goals and customer satisfaction needs are met.
Responsible for assisting the General Manager in achieving the store’s budgeted sales and profit goals. Ensure that all merchandise is accurately received, priced, stocked and backroom is maintained per OSE standards.
In collaboration with the store management team, this position is responsible for driving the store’s success, through: animal and product knowledge; proactive customer engagement; keeping store clean and visually pleasing; maintaining in-stocks at all times; meeting budget/sales goals
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Coach and guide sales associates and promote the culture of exemplary product knowledge and customer service. Provide training in GUEST+ and product knowledge to associates throughout the store.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all customers by utilizing the GUEST Model throughout the store to include the cashiers.
- Ensure OSE standards are maintained throughout the store
- Ensure that the store is opened and / or closed in accordance with established P&Ps
- Provide training and coaching in GUEST and product knowledge to associates throughout the store.
- In partnership with the GM/ASM ensure proper store scheduling is being maintained to ensure customer service during peak hours.
- Adhere to and promote established safety procedures.
- Assist the GM/ASM in planning out location changes needed to the grid and ad planner to maximize sales.
- Encourage, model and sustain an environment of proactive customer engagement, seeking to understand customer needs and educating them on the best choice for their pets so they leave confident, satisfied and wanting to return.
- In collaboration with other store leadership, train and coach sales associates to achieve the proper balance between providing exceptional customer service and performing their assigned responsibilities with the objective of achieving budgeted sales.
- Develop and maintain a strategic and systematic approach to accurately and efficiently receive, process and stock inventory to operational guidelines and OSE standards.
- Ensure 100% pricing accuracy, including verifying
all pricing labels are up and are accurate with regard to correct price and current offer date.
- Ensure that the store is well stocked and inventory counts are accurate.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are appropriate for receiving and processing stock.
- Ensures that the backroom and equipment is organized and clean per OSE standards.
- Prioritizes merchandise moving to sales floor and areas to be stocked. All stocking to be completed prior to store opening.
- Perform routine housekeeping tasks to maintain the stores appearance and meet OSE standards.
- Ensure highest productivity levels are achieved for receiving, processing and stocking.
- Train and develop associates on proper receiving, processing and stocking procedures according to company standards.
- Abide by and enforce all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to those designed to minimize shrink.
- Adhere to and promote established safety procedures.
- Ensure the facilitation and accuracy/integrity of the Blue Dot program.
- Ensure that unforgivable are in stock at all times.
- Communicate all situations and/or conditions that affect the store to the GM/AM (e.g. customer complaints, item requests, inadequate inventory levels, etc.).
- Perform duties and assume responsibility as Manager on Duty (MOD) as needed.
- Perform all special or other projects as assigned.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel.
Education and Experience
A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required.
One to two years experience preferred in retail setting as an inventory manager, department manager, team lead or sales associate. Experience supervising associates, or demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales technologies, analytical abilities. In addition to having a professional appearance and demeanor, the applicant must also demonstrate a keen and genuine passion for animals and people. Must be licensed to operate a motor vehicle and have a clean driving record.
Petco… where the healthy pets go
Petco is a leading pet specialty retailer that provides the products, services and advice that...