Repairs, touches up and rebuilds all furniture products including but not limited to chairs, railing and other hotel soft goods. Repairs all furniture merchandise to a safe and usable condition. Generally works with more complex repairs and rebuilds that require more experience to complete. This includes reupholster of fabrics, repairing tops, mixing custom stains for color matching, stripping and finishing, building or rebuilding of product, through the use of larger/more complex power tools.
DUTIES & RESP0NSIBILITIES
Keeps all hazardous chemicals properly labeled and stored according to government standards.
- Repairs all product categories including but not limited to: chairs, card tables, upholstery and bedding.
- Upholstery Repairs: Ability to remove and install covering, webbing and padding from all areas of work piece.
- Remove and install springs, including retying. Tacks or sews ornamental trim, such as braid and buttons to cover or frame. Operates a sewing machine. Repair wooden frames.
- Case goods: Joinery skills to repair major damage pieces using a variety of clamps. Remove old finish and apply new finish. Applies plastic putty, wood putty or lacquer sticks to surface to fill nicks, depressions, holes and cracks.
- Ability to operate all hand tools and power tools. Ability to match colors and to simulate wood grain.
- Maintains all shop related equipment, hand tools, power tools, air tools and repair supplies.
- Reports all safety issues to Manager.
- Takes an active part in maintaining a safe work environment at all times.
The candidate must have the ability to fix furniture by having experience in repairing all types of wood, upholstery and leather. You must be able to work independently and provide leadership skills to accomplish daily goals. You must maintain a clean DMV record and have a professional appearance and be well groomed at all times.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school Diploma or G.E.D
Technical or Trade School Certificate
Furniture Repair experience
Customer Service experience
Valid drivers license and a satisfactory driving record
Ability to work nights and/or weekends
Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa - 17 months ago
Chief Engineer (Exempt)
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Inc
Rancho Mirage, CA
- 27 days ago