Responsible for identifying, recruiting, and managing an assigned account base of indirect sales telecommunications partners which generate revenue by executing channel programs to sell new and existing company services and product to business to business clients.
Education and Experience
- Develops and implements actions to create opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell accounts to increase overall total end customer and partner business with the company. Creates account plans and strategies to win new business from existing customers, coordinates with Inside Sales on partner sales opportunities. Prepares customer presentations and price quotes, as needed. Coordinates with internal groups (sales engineering, product, etc.) during the sales process as needed.
- Partner Training: Coordinates and delivers training and on-boarding programs for Partners to ensure sales readiness for company products and processes; examples: product training, Level 3 Partner portal usage. Coordinates and delivers training updates for partners on new product offering and related processes.
- Serves as an escalation path for end customers or partners to ensure excellent customer experience. Assists with Accounts Receivable activities for assigned partner base.
- Recruits new partners into the partner program, works with internal departments as needed through the process.
- Responsible for developing sales in the designated account base by working with partners to identifying new sales opportunities. Sales activities may include: contacting prospective customers by premise visits, networking, lead generation, proposal submission, and customer appointments.
- Identifies, establishes, penetrates, and strengthens key alliances in the telecommunication and technology community to position the company for new sales opportunities. Strengthens relationships with partners, ensuring a positive partner experience.
- Provides accurate and detailed weekly forecast funnel of identified and proposed opportunities in order to meet or exceed sales quota requirements. Secures a monthly and quarterly new sales quota for all partners in assigned account base.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience: 2+ yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Business, Marketing, or related field
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
Technical Knowledge & Skills: Must have an advanced understanding of company's telecommunications products and network capabilities.
Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must have the ability to build relationships with telecommunications agents.
Business Acumen: Must have an intermediate understanding of company financial measures. Must have an advanced understanding of telecommunications industry and indirect sales model.
Problem Solving: Strong analytical skills. Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach.
Computer Skills: Intermediate MS Office Suite knowledge and usage. Must have the ability to learn and work in internal company applications.
Work Style: Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines. Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be detail oriented in treatment of pricing and contracts.
Travel: Ability to travel as required for appointments- (aprox 25%- all travel is local / regional) ( except for training)
Sits five to seven hours per day. Stands and or walks one to three hours per day. May bend, reach, stoop and crouch throughout the day. Should have the ability to hear, speak and see effectively to perform the necessary tasks of this position. Manual dexterity is occasionally required. The position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others. The employee-owner may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Government Security Required: No
Level 3 Communications - 2 years ago
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (Level 3) is engaged in the communications business. The Company is a facilities based provider of a range of...