Design and develop Oracle PL/SQL modules and programs that are used to provide integration with an Oracle benefits product.
Perform Oracle 10g & SQL*Server 2008 database administration.
High volume data processing using Oracle PL/SQL and knowledge of Performance Tuning
Responsible for developing applications and integrations using the Microsoft SQL Server platform. This will include T-SQL programming, Stored procedures, reports, data warehousing tasks and other data related tasks.
Maintain and enhance the existing data warehouse, exports, and reports
Develop & manage MS-DOS batch jobs and ensure they are functioning as expected
Experience in working with MS-Access and Excel/Excel Macro skills
.NET development experience
Perform hands on requirements gathering
Participate in design and development sessions
Document designs, development plans, and provide status reporting on individual work assignments
Work with teammates/peers in remote locations
Perform quality checks on reports and exports to ensure exceptional quality
Provide business users the data required for metrics and analysis
Create and maintain documentation for all projects
Perform all levels of work when required in addition to high level, customer facing work through the project lifecycle
Education and Experience
- Ensure developed solution implementations conform to quality, performance, and interoperability standards under enterprise guidance.
- Work with Architects and the Business Community to identify requirements and develop solutions for telecom inventory and provisioning solutions using industry standard development techniques and technologies.
- Work in an iterative development environment responsible for solving a wide array of Java/J2EE and related business problems.
- Responsible for software development within the existing network inventory applications as well as development on updated inventory applications and application suites.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience: 7+ yrs
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
- Field Of Study: Information Technology
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
management (continuous integration, automated testing, agile SCM workflow)
- 8+ years of software development experience with minimum of 4 years developing production Java/J2EE solutions using object oriented design and programming skills
- Extensive experience in object oriented design and development
- Ability to clearly communicate design choices, provide accurate LOE estimates, and deliver on commitments
- Ability to take high-level instruction, work independently and show a high level of initiative
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with telecommunications domain
- Experience working in an Agile development methodology using Scrum practices
- Experience building distributed, highly-available J2EE solutions
- Strong experience with multiple web services implementation protocols including REST, SOAP and EJBs
- Experience with ORM frameworks
- Experience with Maven or Ant build/deployment tools
- Experience in creation and execution of automated test suites using industry standard test frameworks like JUnit and mock objects
- Experience with multiple JEE containers
- Eclipse IDE and/or Netbeans
- Modern SCM tooling (Git, Subversion)
- Spring 3.0 (core, transactions, aspects, scheduler, REST)
- Confident in writing ANSI Standard SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with JMS and other bus and messaging systems
- Experience with Ruby
- Experience with multiple web 2.0 technologies
- Experience with JSON
- Familiarity with HTML 5
- Adobe Flex experience
- 5+ years’ experience in medium to large application development initiatives/projects
- Proven experience developing and delivering software in corporate contexts
- Git SCM administration
- Jenkins administration
- Ability to provide leadership to project team
- May provide direction and mentoring to less experienced team members
- Experience with Streambase
Sits five to seven hours per day. Stands and or walks one to three hours per day. May bend, reach, stoop and crouch throughout the day. Should have the ability to hear, speak and see effectively to perform the necessary tasks of this position. Manual dexterity is occasionally required. The position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others. The employee-owner may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Government Security Required: No
Level 3 Communications - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Level 3 Communications, Inc. (Level 3) is engaged in the communications business. The Company is a facilities based provider of a range of...