Reporting to the Asst. General Manager, Operations, the Area Manager is accountable for all aspects of area operations, customer service and the delivery of area results consistent with Tarpon’s operational expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Specific Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required
- Manages all aspects of area operations including scheduling of work and productivity, efficiency, cost control, preventative maintenance, housekeeping and inventory levels, ensuring full compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Manages quality control and assurance to ensure consistent operating performance.
- Analyzes internal processes, identifies potential opportunities for increased efficiency and makes recommendations to meet compliance and/or streamline work.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements.
- Ensures facility operations are conducted in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Attends safety meetings on a regular basis and provides support as needed.
- Develops and manages relationships and customer contacts, facilitating customer service and satisfaction.
- Participates in the implementation of new business opportunities and service additions.
- Ensures that the integrity of the pricing structure is maintained.
- Participates in the preparation of detailed annual operating budgets.
- Controls costs to budget and prepares monthly variance reports.
- Ensures that all financial reporting, including weekly reports are accurate and match revenues and costs.
- Recommends capital projects for facility improvements and cost savings.
- Participates in hiring technical and support employees including obtaining approval to post positions.
- Provides leadership to operations staff, in particular, Electrical & Instrumentation Managers.
- Communicates area, divisional and corporate initiatives to employees.
- Ensures the consistent delivery of high quality service in the branch to meet or exceed client expectations and service standards.
- Coaches to improve the client experience and interacts with clients to obtain feedback on their experience.
- Provides quick and effective responses and resolutions to client complaints ensuring that the problem resolution standards are understood and followed by all staff within the area of responsibility.
- Communicates and ensures understanding of Tarpon’s business goals, values, and strategies to service and support staff.
- Motivates and coaches the team to achieve their performance goals and support Tarpon’s objectives ensuring recognition of accomplishments.
- Empowers and encourages staff participation in decision making and innovation.
- Administers the performance management program with the Electrical & Instrumentation Managers for the support team; negotiating appropriate targets, monitoring performance against goals and coaching employees on meeting performance standards.
- Guides employees to the resources and tools available that address client, personal and organizational issues, queries and goals.
- Ensures the staff is effectively trained to perform new procedures.
- Monitors to ensure new procedures are followed and training is utilized.
- Ensures premises are kept neat, clean and safe.
- Ensures the proper operation and maintenance of branch equipment.
- Manages safety systems/methods and leads employees with safety initiatives.
- Manages risk and ensure policies, procedures and controls are in place to minimize losses.
- Minimum 5 years in a management or senior supervisory role.
- Journeyman Electrician and/or Instrument Technician.
- Preference given to those with non trade, post secondary education.
- Experience with the development of policies and procedures.
- Proven leadership skills to develop and maintain high levels of enthusiasm, teamwork, motivation and commitment leading to the achievement of business goals and superior performance.
- Ability to establish and maintain a service environment focused on exceeding the client’s expectations.
- Basic people management skills to perform recruitment activities, develop employee capability, manage performance, coach, apply and explain HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to monitor employee satisfaction, identify deteriorating situations and take action.
- Developed problem solving skills sufficient to identify problems, generate solutions and decide on a course of action.
- Ability to evaluate solutions in terms of business, financial and client impacts.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel.
Tarpon offers a very attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary and enrollment into a full benefits package on the 1st day of the month following your hire date. Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Life/AD&D, and Disability coverage, paid vacation and holidays, and an employer matched 401K plan. We also offer a wide variety of voluntary care plans for our employees to choose from. Tarpon has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, integrity, innovation and respect. Employees take pride in their work and are the single most important reason why Tarpon offers superior customer service.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Tarpon Energy - 2 years ago