Primarily responsible for a variety of administrative, accounting and reception duties to provide support to the Vernal, UT and Grand Junction, CO branches of Tarpon Energy Services LLC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tarpon reserves the right to vary your duties and responsibilities at any time during the employment relationship. Our positions are general in nature, and when necessary, you may be asked to lend your talents, skills and abilities in areas that would not normally be associated for the position in which you were originally hired.
- Assume full responsibility for assisting and directing all internal and external clients, while maintaining the security of the building through proactive management of employee and visitor traffic.
- Ensure that the reception area and all other common areas are professionally maintained and clean at all times.
- Work with the direct supervisor to develop efficiencies and processes for proactive office management.
- Coordinate internal and external meetings and special events.
- Perform administrative duties and provide support as needed to the supervisor and co-workers.
- Facilitate accurate completion of all new hire paperwork and benefit enrollment.
- Ensure strict confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Receive and distribute all incoming correspondence, coordinate and distribute all outgoing correspondence.
- Record vendor invoices into the Accounts Payable system.
- Maintain Accounts Payable files for vendor invoices, statements, payments and communications.
- Ensure accuracy of daily work tickets completed and submitted by branch technicians.
- Record work tickets in accounting system to facilitate accurate customer invoicing.
- Create customer invoices from daily work tickets and distribute accordingly.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable files for customer invoices.
- Proactively solicit correctly completed and signed timesheets from branch employees for submission to the Branch Manager for approval/signature and corporate payroll department for processing.
- Answer correspondence, prepare reports and maintain records/files related to administrative and accounting responsibilities.
- Manage accounting documentation requirements and maintain job cost folders.
- Maintain Purchase Order log and enter Purchase Orders into proprietary accounting program.
- Respond to internal and external accounting inquiries.
- Prepare work-in-progress (WIP) and month-end accrual reports.
- Prepare job costing functions, stock transfers and purchase orders.
- Enter a variety of accounting data into proprietary accounting program.
- Prepare employee expense reports utilizing proprietary expense report template.
- Maintain manual and electronic filing systems.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with corporate departments, vendors and all Tarpon branch employees.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- High School Diploma required with relevant post secondary education preferred.
- 3 to 5 years experience in an administrative and/or accounting position. Specific experience in Accounts Payable/Receivable a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, determine priorities as projects arise and ensure that all projects get completed in a timely manner.
- Some reception, switchboard or customer services experience an asset.
- Ability to build rapport and work effectively with all internal and external customers.
- Detail oriented, self-sufficient and organized.
- Must possess a valid US Driver’s License.
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment, random, for-cause and post-accident drug testing, as well as any other drug testing required by our clients and statutory regulations.
- Possess high degree of initiative, creativity, communication skills, self-supervision, and respect for safety requirements.
- Must be a team player & work closely with maintenance, production, engineering, and outside services.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong knowledge in MS Office, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel.
- A team oriented work approach with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent self-motivation and organizational skills with the ability to work with remote management.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload.
Tarpon offers a very attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary and enrollment into a full benefits package on the 1st day of the month following your hire date. Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Life/AD&D, and Disability coverage, paid vacation and holidays, and an employer matched 401K plan. We also offer a wide variety of voluntary care plans for our employees to choose from. Tarpon has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, integrity, innovation and respect. Employees take pride in their work and are the single most important reason why Tarpon offers superior customer service.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Tarpon Energy - 2 years ago