Reporting to the General Manager, the Branch Manager is accountable for all aspects of branch operations, customer service and the delivery of branch results consistent with Tarpon’s operational expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Manage all aspects of branch operations including scheduling of work and productivity, efficiency, cost control, preventative maintenance, housekeeping, inventory levels, ensuring full compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Manage quality control and assurance to ensure consistent operating performance.
- Analyze internal processes, identify potential opportunities for increased efficiency and make recommendations to meet compliance and/or streamline work.
- Identify and recommend process improvements.
- Ensure facility operations are conducted in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Attend safety meetings on a regular basis and provide support as needed.
- Develop and manage relationships and customer contacts, facilitating customer service and satisfaction.
- Participate in the implementation of new business opportunities and service additions.
- Ensure that the integrity of the pricing structure is maintained.
- Participate in the preparation of detailed annual operating budgets.
- Control costs to budget and prepares monthly variance reports.
- Ensures that all financial reporting, including weekly reports are accurate and match revenues and costs.
- Recommend capital projects for facility improvements and cost savings.
- Participate in hiring technical and support employees including obtaining approval to post positions.
- Provide leadership to operations staff, in particular, Electrical & Instrumentation Managers.
- Communicate area, divisional and corporate initiatives to employees.
- Ensure the consistent delivery of high quality service in the branch to meet or exceed client expectations and service standards.
- Coach to improve the client experience and interact with clients to obtain feedback on their experience.
- Provide quick and effective responses and resolution to client complaints ensuring that the problem resolution standards are understood and followed by all staff within your area of responsibility.
- Communicate and ensure understanding of Tarpon’s business goals, values, and strategies to service and support staff.
- Motivate and coach the team to achieve their performance goals and support Tarpon’s objectives ensuring recognition of accomplishments.
- Empower and encourage staff participation in decision making and innovation.
- Administer the performance management program with the Electrical & Instrumentation Managers for the support team; negotiating appropriate targets, monitoring performance against goals and coaching employees on meeting performance standards.
- Guide employees to the resources and tools available that address client, personal and organizational issues, queries and goals.
- Ensure the staff is effectively trained to perform new procedures.
- Monitor to ensure new procedures are followed and training is utilized.
- Ensure premises are kept neat, clean and safe.
- Ensure the proper operation and maintenance of branch equipment.
- Manage safety systems/methods and lead employees with safety initiatives.
- Manage risk and ensure policies, procedures and controls are in place to minimize losses.
- Responsibilities also include project management, estimation, job costing, material and inventory control, and equipment and tool management and control.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Minimum 5 years in a management or senior supervisory role.
- Journeyman Electrician and/or Instrument Technician.
- Preference given to those with non-trade, post secondary education.
- Experience with the development of policies and procedures.
- Proven leadership skills to develop and maintain high levels of enthusiasm, teamwork, motivation and commitment leading to the achievement of business goals and superior performance.
- Ability to establish and maintain a service environment focused on exceeding the client’s expectations.
- Basic people management skills to perform recruitment activities, develop employee capability, manage performance, coach, apply and explain HR policies and procedures.
- Ability to monitor employee satisfaction, identify deteriorating situations and take action.
- Developed problem solving skills sufficient to identify problems, generate solutions and decide on a course of action.
- Ability to evaluate solutions in terms of business, financial and client impacts.
- Must have valid passport to ensure ability to travel to Canada and internationally.
- Must possess a valid US Driver’s License.
- Must be willing to submit to DOT pre-employment, random, post accident and for-cause drug testing, as well as any other drug testing required by our clients and statutory regulations.
- Knowledgeable in MS Office, particularly Word, Outlook and Excel.
Tarpon offers a very attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary and enrollment into a full benefits package on the 1st day of the month following your hire date. Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Life/AD&D, Disability coverage, paid vacation and holidays, and an employer matched 401K plan. We also offer a wide variety of voluntary care plans for our employees to choose from. Tarpon has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, integrity, innovation and respect. Employees take pride in their work and are the single most important reason why Tarpon offers superior customer service.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Tarpon Energy - 10 months ago