Tarpon is searching for a Combustion/Burner Technician to join our Combustion Services team. The Combustion Technician is primarily responsible to provide analytical combustion knowledge to add to our Combustion and Burner development efforts. The ideal candidate has been exposed to natural draft combustion product experience and environmental emissions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Skills, Abilities and Educational Background
- Communicates with various branches regarding the submission of field reports and combustion services.
- Prepares formal combustion reports for clients and internal use.
- Manages the quality control concerning the field reports and the Formal Combustion Reports.
- Manages the Combustion Report Database and tracks the report submissions.
- Consults to Tarpon’s branches regarding the field codes and environmental emissions.
- Reports to the Combustion Services Manager regarding combustion service performance for each branch.
- Recommends improvements and upgrades regarding the combustion equipment and service.
- Performs a variety of business administration duties.
- Assists with research and development projects.
- Complies with standards and procedures of Tarpon’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Preference given to those with related post secondary education.
- Strong understanding of the practical and theoretical concepts of combustion.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations (ability to understand EPA standards).
- Must be familiar with field combustion equipment and its uses.
- Must be familiar with combustion services in the gas industry.
- Preference given to those with environmental experience.
- Excellent communication and computer skills are a must.
- Possess a high degree of initiative, creativity, communication skills, self-supervision and respect for safety requirements.
- Must be a team player and work closely with maintenance, production, engineering and outside services.
- Must have a flexible work schedule – shift work, overtime and weekends and schedule changes are routine and required aspects of this position.
- Must possess a valid US Driver’s License.
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment, random and for-cause drug testing, as well as any other drug testing required by our clients and statutory regulations.
- Possess high degree of initiative, creativity, communication skills, self-supervision, and respect for safety requirements.
- Must be a team player & work closely with maintenance, production, engineering, and outside services.
- Must have a flexible work schedule - shift work, overtime and weekends and schedule changes are routine and required aspects of the position.
- Must be able to climb ladders; drive a forklift; and understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics.
Tarpon offers a very attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary and enrollment into a full benefits package on the 1st day of the month following your hire date. Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Life/AD&D, and Disability coverage, paid vacation and holidays, and an employer matched 401K plan. We also offer a wide variety of voluntary care plans for our employees to choose from. Tarpon has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, integrity, innovation and respect. Employees take pride in their work and are the single most important reason why Tarpon offers superior customer service.
This description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Tarpon Energy - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard