The successful candidate will be a state-licensed Journeyman Electrician with relevant industrial or commercial experience. This person must have a continual focus on safety, cost control and client satisfaction when performing the duties of this position, as well as have a history of producing quality work with attention to detail in order to meet and exceed client needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Install & maintain AC/DC Motors and Drives, PLC's, 480V power, 120V control circuits, 4160 volt switchgear, transformers & motors, electronic controls by following electrical drawings and using test instruments such as a voltmeter, ammeter, oscilloscope and PC.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and industrial equipment such as motors, starters, relays, solid state circuitry electro-mechanical components, AC and DC solid state drives or PLCs.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections and testing of various electrical systems (including power distribution equipment).
- Interpret and work from electrical drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Quickly repair electrical failures and replace parts where production time is frequently affected.
- Correct wiring and connections on machinery controls where incorrect applications could cause damage and hazardous conditions.
- Fabricate, install and/or run conduit, 3-Phase work, motor terminations, control and instrument troubleshooting and panel work.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors.
- Test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- Size and install electrical circuits including panels, wire size and type, conduit, protective devices, switches, and related equipment needed to comply with the NEC.
Special Conditions of Employment
- Must possess a valid Journeyman Electrician license issued by a state regulatory agency.
- Have basic knowledge of typical facility and manufacturing support systems including steam, hot water, compressed air, and refrigeration systems.
- Minimum five years of experience working as a Journeyman Electrician in a construction or industrial environment.
- Must have a knowledge of and ability to interpret the NEC Code Book.
- Must have up-to-date training in low and high voltage handling and safety
- Must be proficient in fundamentals of lockout/tagout.
- Must be able to understand a project request from upper management, lay it out, determine and order materials needed and be responsible for successful completion and start-up.
- Must be proficient in industrial control logic (ladder logic).
- Experience with AC & DC motors & drives.
- Ability to troubleshoot speed loop by measuring reference voltage, voltage output to the motor and speed feedback & ability to meg motors.
- Must be experienced in performing preventive maintenance tasks, taking corrective action for repairs, and be knowledgeable in electrical equipment installations.
- Ability to read electrical diagrams, schematics and blueprints.
- Must possess a valid US Driver’s License.
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment, random and for-cause drug testing, as well as any other drug testing required by our clients and statutory regulations.
- Possess high degree of initiative, creativity, communication skills, self-supervision, and respect for safety requirements.
- Must be a team player & work closely with maintenance, production, engineering, and outside services.
- Must have a flexible work schedule - shift work, overtime and weekends and schedule changes are routine and required aspects of the position.
- Must be able to climb ladders; drive a forklift; and understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics.
Tarpon offers a very attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary and enrollment into a full benefits package on the 1st day of the month following your hire date. Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Life/AD&D, Disability coverage, paid vacation and holidays, and an employer matched 401K plan. We also offer a wide variety of voluntary care plans for our employoees to choose from. Tarpon has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, integrity, innovation and respect. Employees take pride in their work and are the single most important reason why Tarpon offers superior customer service.
This description is not intended to be, or should be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Tarpon Energy - 22 months ago