The successful candidate will be a junior to advanced or technician level Instrument Technician with relevant industrial or commercial experience. This person must have a continual focus on safety, cost control and client satisfaction when performing the duties of this position, as well as have a history of producing quality work with attention to detail in order to meet and exceed client needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Tarpon reserves the right to vary your duties and responsibilities at any time during the employment relationship. Our positions are general in nature, and when necessary, you may be asked to lend your talents, skills and abilities in areas that would not normally be associated for the position in which you were originally hired.
- Install process control, and measurement instrumentation such as transmitters, controllers, analysers, control valves, etc. on existing and new plant equipment and processes.
- Use correct procedures for installations. Knowledgeable on selecting the correct materials. Installing devices with preventive maintenance and keeping operator use in mind.
- Perform mechanical work associated with instrument repair, modification while having the ability to remove and install small piping and tubing.
- Rebuild control valves and tune controllers.
- Perform preventive maintenance on instrumentation, instrumentation calibration, replacement and tests as required and maintain plant electrical and instrument records and standards.
- Interface with outside contractors on new installation and start-up of electrical and process control system.
- Provide support to operations in process control.
- Troubleshoot plant equipment and systems.
- Review and interpret all, training manuals, instruction manuals and blueprints and control system drawings. Participate in company provided training as per supervisor's direction to ensure job knowledge.
- Consult manufacturer's manuals, circuit diagrams and blueprints to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing.
- Perform routine and emergency repairs of plant equipment.
- Use test equipment and hand tools necessary to troubleshoot and maintain devices and systems.
- Inspect and test operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments
- Communicate condition of equipment and status of jobs to supervision, operations and outside service representatives.
- Complete all written and electronic records (i.e. work orders, calibration sheets, time cards, material requests) required to document the work in progress and as it is completed
- Repair and adjust system components, such as sensors, transmitters and programmable logic controllers, or remove and replace defective parts
- Perform any tasks that a junior technician or tube bender would be responsible for.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Special Conditions of Employment
- Junior to advanced or technician-level Instrument Technician status.
- Familiar with DCS, PLC, or SCADA control systems.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, instrument loop diagrams and PID'S.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of oil and gas or related equipment; safety practices, machinery inspection procedures; basic chemistry principles; oil and gas processes; theories and principles of oil and gas operations; basic electrical principles.
- Knowledge of electricity, voltage and current relationships
- Ability to learn mechanical & electrical control equipment and basic oil and gas equipment operation.
- Ability to use basic mathematics including algebra & geometry to take measurements and perform computations required for installation and calibration of equipment
- Ability to use hand tools such as wrenches, screwdrivers & small electrical hand tools, operate & use such test equipment as multimeters, loop calibrators, Hart communicator, frequency devices and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to read in English & understand technical manuals, classroom materials and electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Capable of working with DCS, programming and troubleshooting programmable logic controls (PLC), control software and human-machine interface systems would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills and interaction with co-workers, supervisors and contractors.
- Must possess a valid US Driver’s License.
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment, random and for-cause drug testing, as well as any other drug testing required by our clients and statutory regulations.
- Possess high degree of initiative, creativity, communication skills, self-supervision, and respect for safety requirements.
- Must be a team player & work closely with maintenance, production, engineering, and outside services.
- Must have a flexible work schedule - shift work, overtime and weekends and schedule changes are routine and required aspects of the position.
- Must be able to climb ladders; drive a forklift; and understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics.
Tarpon offers a very attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary and enrollment into a full benefits package on the 1st day of the month following your hire date. Our benefits package includes Health, Dental, Life/AD&D, and Disability coverage, paid vacation and holidays, and an employer matched 401K plan. We also offer a wide variety of voluntary care plans for our employees to choose from. Tarpon has an open and team-oriented culture that focuses on communication, integrity, innovation and respect. Employees take pride in their work and are the single most important reason why Tarpon offers superior customer service.
This description is not intended to be, or should be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. It is intended to accurately reflect the activities and requirements of the position, but duties may be added, deleted, or modified as necessary. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Tarpon Energy - 20 months ago