US Retail District Sales Manager - MA/NH border
As a field sales leader, the District Sales Manager is responsible for establishing, building, and growing an outside sales team focused on selling copy and print products and services to small and mid-sized businesses. Aligned with Staples US Retail stores, this position must deliver incremental new sales growth annually through the business development, people development, and account management efforts. The incumbent would ideally be based near the MA and NH border. To oversee a team of Account Managers and to cover the northern New England territory, MA & NH border, and ME & VT.
• Attain agreed upon sales and margin objectives through managing a team of Account Managers
• Participate in account reviews for top accounts
• Prepare sales and activity reports, communication, and follow-up
• Ensure the execution of tactical and operational segments of the sales plan
• Assist sales team members on calls to new accounts
• Review proposals, presentations, and pricing; coach team members to ensure the successful closing of business opportunities
• Manage a team - recruit, mentor, coach, and develop sales team members to maximize their potential.
• Effectively implement and monitor key program components, including performance to sales targets, commission plans, performance appraisals, and professional development
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Ability to analyze, incorporate, and apply new information and concepts to drive business performance. Experience using a database to access customer, sales and data relevant to team success.
• Strong decision-making skills
• Ability to manage execution through delegation and monitoring progress of a team
• Strategic-thinking skills - experience creating and refining sales plans to drive market sales as well as individual sales for team members
• Ability to influence others and advocate ideas as well as to engage, inspire, and encourage others to set challenging goals and achieve high standards of performance
• Skilled at developing others
• Strong communication skills - write and speak effectively
• Active listening skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
• Values diversity and seeks diverse ideas and points of view to achieve business success
• Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results:
• Ability to establish trust and act with integrity; hold self and team accountable to operate under stated policies and practices
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
• Minimum of 3 years successful experience in business to business sales management
• High level of business acumen including financial analysis
• Advanced selling and negotiation skills
• Basic computer skills: experience using email and running reports from a database
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Results oriented, self motivated, and driven by both financial and career opportunities
• Experience selling in a copy and/or print environment
• Experience managing a sales team (outside sales)
• Strong prospecting and closing abilities
US-NH-Concord, US-MA-Lawrence, US-NH-Manchester, US-MA-Lowell, US-NH-Portsmouth
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...