Performs airline ticketing counter and gate service functions for airline customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensures a safe work environment by following all ATS rules and regulations regarding the work place.
· Checks passengers in at ticket counter and gate and hands out boarding passes for outgoing flights.
· Checks passenger baggage and places bag tags on them at the ticket counter for appropriate destination.
· Coordinates ticket counter activities with those on the ramp regarding baggage handling to assure that all bags get on the outgoing flight.
· Handles customer complaints regarding ticketing and baggage handling when problems arise. (i.e. lost baggage, lost/misplaced tickets, canceled flights or delayed flights).
· Makes announcements regarding flight activity at gate or over airport’s general PA system.
· Answers customers’ inquiries regarding flight schedules, fares, space availability for a particular flight and other questions that may arise.
· Maintains the level of service expectations of both the passenger and the airline customer at all times.
· Communicates with flight crew on ground and via ground to air radio.
· Coordinates with other airport vendors regarding specific flight information (i.e. fueling, catering, etc.)
· Is responsible for all flight movement messages in and out.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must possess at least a High school diploma, GED or work experience equivalent.
· Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and be able to obtain airport security clearance.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and provide a Motor Vehicle Record/ MVR. (Varies by Airport.)
· Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
· Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for an extended time.
· Must be willing to work in all types of elevated noise levels within the airport environment.
· Must be willing to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts.
· Computer skills required.
LOCATION/SPECIFIC WORKING HOURS:
· Specific shifts to be determined
· Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations
· Some travel required
ATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Airport Terminal Services - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Platinum Equity thinks its portfolio companies are just precious. The investment firm typically seeks to acquire private companies, public...