Responsible for overseeing direction of a variety of aircraft ground handling services including, but not limited to ramp, baggage, cabin cleaning services, GSE maintenance, and customer service functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensures a safe work environment by following all ATS rules and regulations regarding the work place.
· Marshals inbound aircraft into ramp area of assigned gate.
· Unloads passenger baggage, cargo and mail from aircraft bins while plane is parked at the gate on to bag carts.
· Delivers loaded bag carts using tugs to bag room and unloads bag cars on to conveyor belt which will bring the bags to the carousals for passenger pick up.
· Delivers bag carts of mail to airport post office and picks up loaded carts for out going flights.
· Delivers bag carts of cargo to the cargo area and picks up loaded carts for out going flights.
· Services aircraft lavatories.
· Grooms aircraft passenger cabin between flights.
· Services aircraft water tanks to ensure there is enough drinking water on the plane.
· Stocks aircraft with needed supplies for lavatories or galleys.
· Loads bag carts in the bag room with baggage from the ticket counter for outgoing flights and delivers them to aircraft.
· Loads passenger baggage, cargo and mail into aircraft bins while plane is parked at the gate from bag carts.
· Pushes back outbound aircraft out of the gate area.
· Tows aircraft to remote areas at the airport if there are too many aircraft on the ground and not enough gate space.
· Performs FOD walks in the ramp area between flights.
· Ensures necessary ground equipment is available in the ramp area and bag room for upcoming flights.
· Performs assigned administrative duties on a voluntary basis (e.g. GSE fluid inspections and appearance, FOD walks, washing equipment and removing trash from ramp area).
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license and Motor Vehicle Report/ MVR.
· Must possess at least a High school diploma, GED or work experience equivalent.
· Must pass a drug test, background check, and be able to obtain airport security clearance.
· Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds in confined spaces.
· Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
· Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment.
· Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts.
LOCATION/SPECIFIC WORKING HOURS:
· Specific shifts to be determined
· Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations.
· Some travel required
ATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Airport Terminal Services - 13 months ago
Platinum Equity thinks its portfolio companies are just precious. The investment firm typically seeks to acquire private companies, public...