Responsible for overseeing direction of a variety of aircraft ground handling services including, but not limited to ramp, baggage, cabin cleaning services, GSE maintenance, and customer service functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures a safe work environment by following all ATS rules and regulations regarding the work place.
- Marshals inbound aircraft into ramp area of assigned gate.
- Unloads passenger baggage, cargo and mail from aircraft bins while plane is parked at the gate on to bag carts.
- Delivers loaded bag carts using tugs to bag room and unloads bag cars on to conveyor belt which will bring the bags to the carousals for passenger pick up.
- Delivers bag carts of mail to airport post office and picks up loaded carts for out going flights.
- Delivers bag carts of cargo to the cargo area and picks up loaded carts for out going flights.
- Services aircraft lavatories.
- Grooms aircraft passenger cabin between flights.
- Services aircraft water tanks to ensure there is enough drinking water on the plane.
- Stocks aircraft with needed supplies for lavatories or galleys.
- Loads bag carts in the bag room with baggage from the ticket counter for outgoing flights and delivers them to aircraft.
- Loads passenger baggage, cargo and mail into aircraft bins while plane is parked at the gate from bag carts.
- Pushes back outbound aircraft out of the gate area.
- Tows aircraft to remote areas at the airport if there are too many aircraft on the ground and not enough gate space.
- Performs FOD walks in the ramp area between flights.
- Ensures necessary ground equipment is available in the ramp area and bag room for upcoming flights.
- Performs assigned administrative duties on a voluntary basis (e.g. GSE fluid inspections and appearance, FOD walks, washing equipment and removing trash from ramp area).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and Motor Vehicle Report/ MVR.
- Must possess at least a High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
- Must pass a drug test, background check, and be able to obtain airport security clearance.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds in confined spaces.
- Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment.
LOCATION/SPECIFIC WORKING HOURS:
- Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts.
ATS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Seasonal position
- Specific shifts to be determined
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations.
- Some travel required
Airport Terminal Services - 2 years ago
Platinum Equity thinks its portfolio companies are just precious. The investment firm typically seeks to acquire private companies, public...