Red 5 Studios, creator of the free-to-play MMO Shooter Firefall (www.firefallthegame.com), is a video game developer dedicated to bringing together millions of gamers from across the planet by creating immersive worlds, intriguing stories, and compelling characters.
Created by seasoned developers including the team-lead for vanilla World of Warcraft and the lead designer of Tribes and Tribes 2, Firefall’s combat is fast paced, furious, and plays like a top-tier action oriented shooter. It is the largest massively multiplayer co-op shooter made to date and offers a unique gameplay experience not found anywhere else.
The development process at Red 5 Studios is also deliberately unlike any other. Firefall is designed from the ground up with our audience at our core. We share our game's early development builds and invite our audience to actively share feedback, allowing them to provide a meaningful contribution to the shaping our core gameplay. We regularly read our forums, reply to community feedback, and often times we’ll fly beta testers to our office for feedback sessions and early previews of upcoming builds.
Red 5 Studios is far more than just another game developer. We’re a family; a tribe of men and women who each bring our own unique experiences, knowledge, and accomplishments to the table. We believe that in order to build a great game, you first need great people, and actively encourage and organize fun team-building events and studio outings to strengthen and grow as a family.
If you are interested in joining the Red 5 Tribe, or to learn more about opportunities at the studio, please visit the company web site (www.red5studios.com). For those interested in getting a behind-the-scenes look at what Red 5 Studios is all about, please check out the following video: http://bit.ly/ORU72P
At Red 5 our UX/UI team encompasses a broad range of skills across art, scripting, and design overlaying nearly every discipline on the development team. The UX/UI design team contributes unique perspective on the look and feel of the game’s interfaces, with a strong perspective on the player’s point of view. You will be staying abreast of new design features and the development of the game’s abilities, weapons and character functionality as they are implemented into the game. Always putting the player’s perspective first, you are their guardian in the game’s UI experience. In the end, the UX/UI team is responsible for implementing the functioning interface through XML, LUA scripting and other tools provided by the programming team to assure the ease of functionality for the overall game’s success.
- Functional and visual design for in game assets
- Working closely with the Feature Teams to develop the form and function of in game interfaces
- Create UX/UI flow charts for wireframes, UI visuals, site maps and annotated templates
- Develop designs and improve functionalities for all interface assets from the player’s perspective with a clear understanding of their behavior and expectations
- Identify areas of difficulty and create solutions that improve the overall user experience
- Working closely with the user testing team to plan usability studies
- Excellent organizational skills, problem solving, analytical abilities, and a strong team player in a creative collaborative environment
- 3+ years of functional design, prototyping, information architecture and the ability to communicate your ideas effectively
- Strong sense of lay out, typography and information design
- Proven experience having created fun, entertaining and easy to use designs across multiple platforms
- Ability to create UX documentation through existing softwares
- Proven experience with UX tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign at the pixel and icon level
- Unyielding passion for games
- Experience building and designing UI in full 3D
- Familiarity with usability testing
- Knowledge and experience with scripting languages