The Web User Experience/User Interface (UX/UI) Developer will work closely with our Product Owners, Analysts, Developers, and Quality Assurance Specialists as part of an Agile team to produce high quality front-end interfaces for our internally and externally facing web applications within specified product requirements and deadlines.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work directly with Product Owners in an Agile environment to formulate product concepts, produce wireframes, and refine the user experience of the resulting prototypes.
2. Conduct customer needs analysis to understand user?s activities, pain points and product needs
3. Prepare and present design recommendations based on business goals, user research, UCD and IA principles
4. Deliver detailed user experience & clear visual design specifications, mockups, and prototypes.
5. Participate in design reviews, openly offering and receiving constructive criticism of design decisions.
6. Plan and execute UX testing of prototypes, monitor user feedback and suggest design changes based on this data.
7. Work with Product Owners to leverage primary research, personas, task analysis, heuristic and competitive reviews to craft industry-leading user experiences
8. Craft and conduct stakeholder interviews with everyone from subject matter experts to C-level executives to determine business/site objectives
9. Create information design and navigation systems for internet, intranet and extranet sites
10. Create and refine user-experience thought expressed as deliverables, including task and gap analyses, content analysis and strategy and feature/functionality matrices, usage scenarios, site maps, wireframes, flow diagrams and user-requirements documents
11. Assist in developing project timeline estimates.
12. Help guide the team, assist others without being asked and interact with project leads, designers and other functional areas on a regular basis
13. Create and maintain UX / UI Standards documentation including cross-browser compatibility standards and techniques
14. Inform and Influence the broader product development and customer insight teams to implement solutions that are best for the customer in the context of overall business drivers, goals and vision and participate in the iterative design process
1. Qualified candidates must have a BA/BS in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Visual Arts, Graphic Design, or related field.
2. 10+ years of Information Technology design and development experience with internally and externally facing applications
3. 3+ year(s) of experience researching and developing strategic UX/UI design for high-traffic, dynamic websites. Pharmaceutical industry experience and background preferred
4. 3+ years related experience in software development including strong .NET experience.
5. Experience with diagramming tools (e.g., Visio) and communication tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
6. Ability to work in a cooperative team environment.
7. Ability to define, analyze and identify solutions to problems.
8. Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities effectively.
9. Ability to effectively present information to management and team members. 10. Familiarity with our Development Tools: Visual Studio 2008 (and later) SQL Server 2008 (and later) Oracle 10g (and later) Team Foundation Server 2012 C#, asp.net, MVC, XML
Reed Technology, part of the LexisNexis family, serves its clients in the public and private sectors with the expertise and capacity required in the technology-focused field of content management services.
Since 1969, Reed Tech has been a contractor to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), capturing and preparing patent information for electronic publication. We have processed over half of the eight million patents issued by the USPTO in the history of the United States. Currently, we produce over 180,000 unique pages of published XML patent material each week.
For our more than 650 Life Sciences customers, which include five of the top ten pharmaceutical manufacturers in the world, we have converted over 23,500 Structured Product Labels (SPLs).
The latest offering in the Reed Tech service suite includes web archiving solutions for eDiscovery, litigation and records management purposes.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reed Elsevier NV is a publisher and information provider. The Company’s activities include science and medical, legal and business...