Higher One partners with colleges and universities to lower their administrative costs and to improve graduation rates. We provide a broad array of payment, refund disbursement and data analytics and management tools to institutions that help them save money and enhance institutional effectiveness. And for students, we offer financial literacy programs and convenient, flexible and affordable transaction options to help them manage their finances. Higher One is a leader in higher education and we support more than 1,600 college and university campuses with over 13 million enrolled students.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
We’re looking for a passionate UX professional who is interested in contributing on a team and learning from his or her peers. You’ll be responsible for driving the design and creation of innovative and compelling user experiences across one or many of our products within our suite of web applications.
We use Scrum as our agile development framework. You’ll be sitting with your team every minute of the day – there is constant communication. The only walls we like are the ones that hold our whiteboards. Our teams plan together, commit together, and then focus on the best way to get the work done. Our teams and our products thrive because everyone is focused on creating the best quality software that adapts to and delivers what our customers need.
This position is in the Campus Labs division, in Buffalo, NY. The Campus Labs team works closely with colleges and universities using data- focused tools to impact student success and engagement as well as to streamline and improve assessment and institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Articulate, understand and illustrate user needs
- Design features and help guide product direction
- Stay current with web trends and standards
- Create rapid prototypes during product development to ensure a viable product
- Constantly coordinate with developers and product owner in a highly agile environment (Scrum)
- Facilitate user tests, when applicable
- Ensure UX consistency with other products in suite
A Big Plus
- BA/BS degree in Human Computer Interaction or related field
- 2 years minimum experience designing web applications (including mobile)
- Impeccable problem solving skills
- Solid visual and information design skills
- Experience with sketching and prototyping tools
- Confidence with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Strong understanding of front-end web development (HTML and CSS)
- Be comfortable with challenging the status quo
- Excellent communication skills
- Unquestionable team player
- Superior bubble hockey skills (can be acquired if necessary)
- Experience with agile software development
- Experience designing data visualizations
- Able to produce high fidelity mockups on short notice
- Awareness and appreciation for what makes a web application “accessible” and the associated standards
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, 401(k), Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress
- 20 Paid Time Off Days per year
- 8 Holidays per year
- Free lunches
- Fun events
Higher One - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard