Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
We’re looking for a passionate UX professional who is interested in contributing on a team and learning from his or her peers. You’ll be responsible for driving the design and creation of innovative and compelling user experiences across one or many of our products within our suite of web applications.
We use Scrum as our agile development framework. You’ll be sitting with your team every minute of the day – there is constant communication. The only walls we like are the ones that hold our whiteboards. Our teams plan together, commit together, and then focus on the best way to get the work done. Our teams and our products thrive because everyone is focused on creating the best quality software that adapts to and delivers what our customers need.
This position is in the Campus Labs division, in Buffalo, NY. The Campus Labs team works closely with colleges and universities using data- focused tools to impact student success and engagement as well as to streamline and improve assessment and institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Articulate, understand and illustrate user needs
- Design features and help guide product direction
- Stay current with web trends and standards
- Create rapid prototypes during product development to ensure a viable product
- Constantly coordinate with developers and product owner in a highly agile environment (Scrum)
- Facilitate user tests, when applicable
- Ensure UX consistency with other products in suite
A Big Plus
- BA/BS degree in Human Computer Interaction or related field
- 2 years minimum experience designing web applications (including mobile)
- Impeccable problem solving skills
- Solid visual and information design skills
- Experience with sketching and prototyping tools
- Confidence with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Strong understanding of front-end web development (HTML and CSS)
- Be comfortable with challenging the status quo
- Excellent communication skills
- Unquestionable team player
- Experience with agile software development
- Experience designing data visualizations
- Able to produce high fidelity mockups on short notice
- Awareness and appreciation for what makes a web application “accessible” and the associated standards
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending, 401(k), Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Flexible work hours
- Casual dress
- 20 Paid Time Off Days per year
- 8 Holidays per year
- Free lunches
- Fun events
Higher One - 18 months ago
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...