This position is located in Serra Mesa.
10-hour night shift per diem position, weekends as needed.
- Graduate from accredited Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Program or two (2) years’ general diagnostic Ultrasound experience required.
- Current BLS healthcare provider or CPR certification required
- Current RDMS certification by the ARDMS required
- One (1) year Ultrasound experience preferred; will consider new grad with strong clinical rotations from an accredited ultrasound program
- Perform all ultrasound studies according to protocol independently and efficiently required
- Must be able to work independently required
- Must have great communication skills required
As a Sharp Memorial Hospital Ultrasound Technologist, you will have an opportunity to work in a fast-paced health care environment. Duties include scheduling orders, performing exams, preparing worksheets and sending images to PACS. The Ultrasound Technologist scans in-patients, Emergency Department patients and outpatients. Daily exams will include: OB, NICU, Invasive and general work. Will scan complete and limited abdominal exams, pelvic, endo-vaginal, scrotum, neonatal and assist radiologists with interventional procedures.
Sharp Memorial Hospital’s Radiology and Imaging Services bring together innovative technology, caring professionals and outstanding leadership to provide quality patient care. We offer radiology and diagnostic imaging services that tailor to the individual needs of our patients. We employ advanced state-of-art technologies and equipment in general radiology and fluoroscopy, ultrasound, nuclear medicine CT and MRI. Our San Diego based radiologists and professional staff are committed to providing accurate and safe assessments for patients in a compassionate and efficient manner. Our Radiology Team has a strong commitment to quality care and customer service.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds. Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multi-organ transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements may include:
- Twisting (trunk)
- Twisting (neck)
- Bending (waist)
- Flexing/Extending (neck)
- Reaching below shoulder level
- Bed mobilization (scooting / rolling)
- Lateral transfers (bed to gurney)
- Bed to chair/wheelchair/commode transfer
- Lifting up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull over 100 pounds
- Carrying up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 19 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...