This position is PRN- shift is days and work 1-2 Sundays a month from 7AM-7:30PM. Minimum of one 12 hour shift per month.Position Summary
This job is responsible for performing imaging procedures according to established standards and procedures in areas where proficiency had been attained and verified. |
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform ultrasound imaging procedures and produce high quality diagnostic imaging
- Maintain consistent knowledge and skill levels to meet diagnostic evaluation expectations
- Complete documentation of all activities according to established criteria\
- Adhere to department/hospital policies, procedures and processes regarding quality improvement, safety, patient flow and other issues.
- Communicate and collaborate with other radiology staff and other departmental staff to facilitate optimum patient care
- Participate/cooperate with all other department/hospital processes and activities as appropriate.
- Participate in training programs to develop additional skills and/or enhance existing skills
- Obtain/maintain appropriate licensure and certification
- Participate in patient/student education as appropriate
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Two year college or technical school degree in Radiography or Ultrasound is required. Bachelor
- 's degree in healthcare related field is preferred. Licenses & certifications
ARRT board certification Ultrasound and license to practice in the state of Texas, or ARDMS in Ultrasound.
Must be CPR Certified. Experience
Previous experience in Ultrasound is required. Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
The ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person; and the demonstrated use of good verbal communication skills.
The ability to interact effectively with peers, medical staff, Nursing staff, patients/families, community groups and other customers in a manner that represents Children's positively.
- The ability to produce high quality diagnostic images.
- The ability to complete training to attain additional imaging skills.
- Critical problem solving ability.
- Duties require little or no exertion of physical effort.
Children's Medical Center of Dallas - 18 months ago
Children's Medical Center is private, not-for-profit, and is the seventh largest pediatric healthcare provider in the nation. As the only...