Ultrasound tech (PRN) - Jupiter Open Imaging Center
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Under the direction of the Radiologist performs ultrasound procedures in accordance with established protocols for patient ages. Displays a high degree of proficiency of scanning knowledge. Responsible for maintaining expert technical and patient care skills to provide quality diagnostic results.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Performs high quality diagnostic imaging to include OBGYN, ABD, Small Parts and Vascular Ultrasound as Center service lines require.
· Effectively operates sonography equipment.
· Analyzes technical information/results
· Provides summaries for Physicians to use in procedure interpretation.
· Where applicable, serves as Clinical instructor for students of affiliate imaging programs.
· Obtains and records all pertinent clinical information relating to the procedure ordered including but not limited to patient history, pregnancy, allergies, lab tests, correlative procedure results, reason for the test and patient complaints/symptoms in accordance with Center policy.
· Performs quality control procedures prior to performing clinical procedures and regularly inspects equipment.
· Ensures that patient results are communicated to healthcare team timely, accurately and without compromising security and confidentiality.
· Ensures all required documentation, requisitions, forms, charges, and patient's medical record are completed per established Center policy. Completes all written and computer documentation in a timely manner.
· High School diploma or equivalent. Graduate of JRCERT accredited imaging program required.
· 2 to 4 years experience required
· ARRT (R), (US), or ARDMS required. BLS required. Specialty certifications may be required as per state guidelines and/or modality.
· MUST HAVE OB/VS certifications
HCA Inc - 10 months ago