HCA Physician Services implements innovative, value added solutions that help physicians deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare to support HCA's commitment to the care and improvement of human life. We focus on quality, streamlining operations and innovative technology to provide value added solutions that help physicians deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
The Ultrasound Tech performs ultrasonic diagnostic procedures as directed by physicians and operates Vascular Sonography equipment as directed by physicians in accordance with vascular sonography quality assurance and quality control.
· Scheduling patients for ultrasonic diagnostic procedures.
· Explaining procedures to patients to assure cooperation and optimum test results.
· Positioning patients and selecting the appropriate transducer.
· Conducting scanning procedures using ultrasound equipment by moving scanner over specified body area and adjusting equipment to focus.
· Making hard copy images and documenting tests.
· Developing film using automatic film processing equipment.
· Maintaining ultrasound equipment.
· Ordering and stocking all ultrasound supplies.
· Maintaining department records, reports, and files.
· Performing other related tasks as directed by supervisor.
· Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES - This position requires the following minimal requirements:
· Knowledge of ultrasonic diagnostic procedures.
· Must be knowledgeable of the principles, practices, and techniques of vascular sonography. Must have sufficient knowledge of anatomy and physiology pertaining to vascular examinations.
· Knowledge of safety requirements to provide instructions and to recognize and correct hazardous conditions.
· Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
· Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
· Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
· Skill in providing guidance and instruction to personnel regarding vascular lab.
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
· Skill in identifying and resolving problems.
· Skill in taking vital signs.
· Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
· Ability to evaluate utilization statistics and other data and make programs recommendations.
· Approved ultrasound technology education program. ARDMS required.
· Minimum of one (1) year experience
· Certification in diagnostic ultrasound, Registered by ARDMS (The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography). RVT certification preferred.
HCA Inc - 2 years ago