The Ultrasound Tech performs diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasonic equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data. The position|
's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of ultrasound technique.
- Produces diagnostic images using Doppler, abdominal or pregnancy ultrasound.
- Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
- Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures.
- Maintains and calibrates equipment.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers or Ultrasonographers.
- Current RDMS or must be registry eligible and registered within one year of eligibility.
- Current state licensure or permit to practice medical imagining.
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support.
- Minimum two years working as an Imaging Tech.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
HCA Inc - 19 months ago