The Disney ABC Television Group (DATG) is home to all of The Walt Disney Company's worldwide entertainment and news television properties. The Group includes the ABC Television Network (including ABC Daytime, ABC Entertainment Group and ABC News divisions); the Disney Channels Worldwide global kids’ TV business, ABC Family and SOAPnet; as well as television distribution divisions Disney ABC Domestic Television and Disney ABC ESPN Television. The Disney ABC Television Group also manages the Radio Disney Network, general interest and non-fiction book imprint Hyperion, as well the Company’s equity interest in A&E Television Networks.
For a summary of our different business areas visit www.disneyabctv.com
The Disney ABC Television Group has multiple Production / Development / Casting internships. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all related Fall Opportunities.
ABC Studios Production Management:
ABC Studios professional internships offer talented students the opportunity to specialize in areas of production such as Production Management, Post Production, Creative Affairs & Backlot Inventory Management. The intern will assist their assigned team with various daily duties that may include copying, script distribution, deliveries, set inventory, on-set runs, covering desks/phones and assisting departmental assistants as needed
General Hospital Production:
The goal of the intern position at General Hospital is to assist the production office in their daily tasks. These tasks may include copying, distributing, research and various other types of office work. Interns are also responsible for providing set tours to studio guests. The program is an excellent learning opportunity as it allows one to observe physical production on set, shadow directors and producers in the control booth, attend daily production meetings, and observe in the edit room and music room.
ABC Entertainment Show Development:
Responsibilities may include
ABC Entertainment/Disney Channels Casting:
- Making copies of scripts and dubs of DVD’s
- Read, review and write script coverage for weekly current reports
- Distribution of documents internally, filing, answering phones and covering desks when assistants are out of the office
Disney Channels Production Operations:
- Record casting sessions
- Answer phones
- Sort fan mail
- Process packages/shipments
- Create/manage excel tracking sheets
- Schedule appointments
- Interact & deliver information to agents and talent parents
- Type memos
- Proofread itineraries
- Interface & assist with travel itineraries
The production team is responsible for handling all project opening, processes and deadlines, and closing out of projects once delivered. This involves the specifics of tracking multiple projects, hiring a production company for each, ensuring business paperwork is handled, tracking schedules and deliveries of assets, ensuring that creative review takes place as scheduled, and managing asset delivery and preparation for final on-air or off-air presentation. The group also handles all finances and operations.
- All students must be eligible to work in the US
- All students must be pursuing a bachelors or masters degree and be currently enrolled at an accredited university
- All students must be available to work a minimum of two, full (8 hour) days/week while in school
- All students must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- All students must be proficient with Microsoft Office
- Undergraduate students entering into their Junior or Senior year
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Previous internship experience within a related field
- Previous experience with Agency (Casting/Talent)
- Experience in a fast paced, office working environment
- Previous production coursework
- Previous experience covering production desks & phones
- Proficient with Final Cut Pro/AVID (Post Production Only)
- Previous experience with script coverage (Development Only)
Compensation: Intern positions are paid employment opportunities.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Disney - 16 months ago
The monarch of this magic kingdom is no man but a mouse -- Mickey Mouse. The Walt Disney Company is the world's largest media...