Marketing / Promotions;
Are you an aspiring marketer? Do you like using the right AND left side of your brain? Marketing is much more than announcing to customers and waiting for results - it's about connecting with customers on a one-to-one level. Disney Interactive in Glendale, CA is looking for an Marketing Intern to focus on email marketing & CRM in order to contribute to the efforts of our Online Marketing team for the Disney Family Mom & Family Portfolio.
The intern will support the team with a wide variety of tasks, including planning, production and analysis of email campaigns; we will help you learn about email/digital marketing, consumer behavior and marketing to customers on a one-to-one basis in a fantastic, positive, and energetic environment.
- With supervision and guidance, maintain our deployment calendar with emails drafted and scheduled for future publication.
- Coordinate with various teams and departments to ensure email activities help to support business initiatives.
- Perform editorial tasks (visiting URLs, copy & pasting data, cleaning up text files) as directed.
- Perform email marketing tasks (assembling creative, editorial content; quality control; deployment)
- With supervision and guidance, monitor and track performance of campaigns.
- Prepare reports, perform analysis (including preparing and documenting actionable insights) and share data as directed.
- Running reports; updating spreadsheets.
- Reviewing reports and communicating anomalies.
- Attention to detail and experience managing projects within tight timelines
- A solid understanding of creative elements, marketing, and direct marketing
- Hands on experience with email marketing tools such as ExactTarget and Return Path a plus
- Hands on experience with HTML content development and basic design skills
- Comfort with basic image editing; Knowledge of Photoshop a plus
- Proven project management experience in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balance business priorities with user experience and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Must be an outstanding team player with professional attitude and the ability to coordinate people and activities across multiple functional areas.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
Job Posting Industries
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's degree or must have graduated within the past 6 months (December 2012).
Digital / Interactive
This position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive
- Fully qualified candidates must be available to work full time hours for 6 months beginning in June 2013.
- Candidates must be able to provide their own housing and transportation in the Los Angeles (Glendale) area.
COMPANY OVERVIEW -- Disney Interactive, the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. Disney Interactive mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms. Disney Interactive operates five global product groups:
Disney Core Games produces experiences for video game consoles like Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
Disney Interactive Media produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Babble.com and Spoonful.com.
Disney Interactive Worlds develops online virtual worlds and provides connected game-play experiences for children around the globe.
Disney Mobile Games creates high-quality original gaming experiences for mobile devices. In addition, Disney Interactive manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank.
Disney Social Games develops best-in-class social games on Facebook, Playdom.com and mobile platforms.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.
iCIMS Social Distribution
- 2 years ago - save job